stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys

I'll down in the Arlington/DC area on Friday- Sunday to check out some of our Nations historical attractions.

Any suggestions to local family friendly hot spots to see or avoid are appreciated.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
We just returned from DC and after a ton of walking around, the best decision we made was to purchase tickets for the DC Tours Hop-on-Hop-off double decker buses. You can see all the major attractions/memorials and easily jump on/off these buses.

The Metra train system is an awesome way to get around as well. We stayed in Rockville and rode the train into DC each morning.

I would highly recommend a visit to Arlington Cemetary as the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was very moving (every hour on the hour).

rayS197

Reaction score
Wife, Daughter and I just did this three weeks ago. Where are you staying? We stayed at the Willard Hotel one of the oldest Hotels in D.C. Very impressed with the Hotel and the service. Make sure you wear some good walking shoes. Next time we are going to purchase tickets for the bus. If you like Indian food, try the Bombay Club off Connecticut Ave. Very nice place. We also ate at Chef Geoffs and ran into Guy Fieri from the food network Diners, Drive ins and Dives. I asked him when he was going to trade in that Camaro for Mustang. Embarrassed the hell out of my wife. There are so many Restaurants to choose from .

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Ray we are staying in the Arlington area by the Key Bridge

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back