Vanity plates? who has?

rocket

Mustang militia!
Reaction score
seems like texas and ct have a lot of look at me going on! lol.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
The other half got one for my B'day that says 'JAYS GT' and I got her one this summer for the 6'er that says 'TRISS'.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Texas is expensive, but gets cheaper if you get them for an extended period of time. I ordered mine for 5 years and that cost 495. I still have to pay the yearly registration fee though.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
_cfimg-2136500450533829183.PNG

I have been thinking about getting this when I do my V8 swap

Attachments

• _cfimg-3649145099313152385.PNG
    _cfimg-3649145099313152385.PNG
    11.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
Texas is expensive, but gets cheaper if you get them for an extended period of time. I ordered mine for 5 years and that cost 495. I still have to pay the yearly registration fee though.

Did the prices go up int he past year or something???

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
Must be different for Marine Corps or military plates cause I was able to get a "vanity" plate though my Tax office with the appropriate form for right at 90 something dollars a year including registration.

I was under the impression that vanity plates cost 40ish dollars a year on top of the 50ish dollars a year for registration.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I was going to get ZRWHAT but realized I'm too slow to back it up.. lol

Maybe when I get the whipple...

Vista Blu3 GT

Punk ass Bitch
Reaction score
Must be different for Marine Corps or military plates cause I was able to get a "vanity" plate though my Tax office with the appropriate form for right at 90 something dollars a year including registration.

I was under the impression that vanity plates cost 40ish dollars a year on top of the 50ish dollars a year for registration.

This is the way it always has been to my knowledge.

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
This is the way it always has been to my knowledge.

I just went and did some price checking on that plate website and as long as you aren't getting the "luxury" plate setup it's the same price I was paying for my Personalized USMC tags when I still had my Saturn. even with the registration included in that figure.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just went and did some price checking on that plate website and as long as you aren't getting the "luxury" plate setup it's the same price I was paying for my Personalized USMC tags when I still had my Saturn. even with the registration included in that figure.
The plates on myplates.com dont include registration. So it would be the 55 plus registration for the generic plates.

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
The plates on myplates.com dont include registration. So it would be the 55 plus registration for the generic plates.

I know they don't include registration. At that price it's like a 10 dollar difference in what I was paying for my personalized plates which I don't consider to be outrageous pricing.

Vista Blu3 GT

Punk ass Bitch
Reaction score
Myplates is more expensive than just getting regular vanity plates from the tax office. Dmv just has the plain white plate ....my plates has all the options. The plates I wanted would have cost me $195. That ain't happening. Dmv would be $95 a year.

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
I just glad I'm not required to have a front plate. When I lived in Maryland I did, of course I never put one on, luckly I never had an issue. It just looks like a$$

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
I just glad I'm not required to have a front plate. When I lived in Maryland I did, of course I never put one on, luckly I never had an issue. It just looks like a$$

Yeah I hate the front plate thing. I never ran one on my Mazda. But I did a trip out to Big Bend for a big Miata event and got pulled over 4 times in 3 days for it. Finally broke down and bought an offset plate bracket so I wouldn't block airflow through my radiator.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back