vehicle in the shop

EcoBoosted F-150

forum member
Reaction score
Well this weekend i went to clean off a little bit of corrosion on the + terminal of the EB F-150's battery. Found that the acid had ate some paint off the frame next to the terminal and the battery tray mounting bolds and the wedge that tightens the battery into the holder/tray. The acid is leaking out of the + terminal post not the H2O caps/vents. So now its at the Ford dealership getting a new battery and i hope tray and mounting bolts and some paint on the frame. I was told it is covered under my 3yr/36k + ford motor craft warranties that specific battery for 3 years.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope you have better luck with the battery acid on the paint then I had; I was pulling a jet ski battery out of the trunk of one of my cars and one of the caps was not on tight and spilled some of the water; it ate through the paint, I took it to a repair shop and they could never get rid of all of it, the paint kept bubbling on the spot.

Did you buy your 5.0 from one of the Ford dealers in EC?

If my car sells I am looking to get a 2013/2014 and I saw this:http://www.hallfordelizabethcity.com/new-cars/2013-ford-mustang-2dr-cpe-gt-premium-v1173814/

Not really what I was looking for, I was looking for Sterling Gray and automatic but the one listed above is not much more than the base GT with the automatic....base GT/auto was coming in around $30,7xx.

Last edited:

EcoBoosted F-150

forum member
Reaction score
I hope you have better luck with the battery acid on the paint then I had; I was pulling a jet ski battery out of the trunk of one of my cars and one of the caps was not on tight and spilled some of the water; it ate through the paint, I took it to a repair shop and they could never get rid of all of it, the paint kept bubbling on the spot.

Did you buy your 5.0 from one of the Ford dealers in EC?

Bought my EB F-150 from Hall Ford Elizabeth City
Bought the 5.0 Stang from Car Max Va Beach

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I was told it is covered under my 3yr/36k + ford motor craft warranties that specific battery for 3 years.

FWIW, the original Motorcraft battery (black label) is covered only within the vehicle warranty period. A replacement Motorcraft battery (red label) is covered for 3 years free replacement, and 100 month pro-rated.

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
How was Hall of EC to deal with?

Is there only one Ford Dealership in EC? if so, Fuck them. They quoted me a price on a mustang, which I agreed to. Then when it was time for me to look at the car, they renigd. I spent all day cleaning my car up and removing stereo equipment with the expectations on bringing home a nice Stage II or III (cant remember) Roush. I was very pissed.

EcoBoosted F-150

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't had a problem with them. What they quoted me on my truck was what it's was. But I used the USAA car buying service which was 6.5k below sticker.

EcoBoosted F-150

forum member
Reaction score
So I have temporarily joined the focus club. They gave me a 2012 Ford Focus 4 door SEL in black for a rental. I like getting 41-42 mpg hwy but then I remember god made me a man and have me a pair of balls so I love my F150 and Mustang :)

Back