Vendors: Burnout Guard spray

Discussion in 'Vendor Specials' started by Boss281, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Androdz

Androdz Banned

whats that collision mat?

2. Boss281

Boss281 Senior Member

3. Boss281

Boss281 Senior Member

I was skeptical but you're right, they work pretty damn good. I put them on today prior to mounting my drag radials, and nothing else (no collision wrap or burnout guard), and was able to brush off most of the flakes afterwards that got around the mud guard, and only had to put some elbow grease into the front lip of the fender well.

Thanks for the tip!

John

4. jeostang

jeostang forum member

Have you heard the rumors that 75/80 may open back up?

5. Boss281

Boss281 Senior Member

The owner of 75/80 originally planned to sell the land to developers, but that went south when the EPA estimated the cost to clean up the petroleum and other toxins in the dirt would be horribly expensive for seller and buyer. So he's sitting on a turkey. There has been speculation for quite some time regarding modernizing the track, but I don't believe it personally...

John

6. JimC

JimC Senior Member

I use a set of mud guards held on by two spring paper clips on each, and then liberally spray the fender and wheel well arch with Turtle Wax Ice Spray Detailer. Just spray it on and leave it. Anything that gets past the mud guards cleans up easily. I just pop the guards on when I get to the track and pull them off before heading home.

7. SC boss

SC boss watch this!

I just saw Hawgs pics, they dont look to bad! When I heard mudflap, I just cringed.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  8. Boss281

Boss281 Senior Member

Yeah, they're pretty low key, but worked surprisingly well. Unfortunately the front lip of the wheel well isn't protected, and I'll need to spray that area as it's a bitch to clean off for some reason.

John

9. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member

10 year old thread bump?? link to not supporting vendor...... hmmmmmm spammer?

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Head PooBaa of the Asylum Staff Member

Yep, goner.