Very unique situation. Need any advice.

tylerfrank

Reaction score
Okay so to start, I have a 2012 GT that sits very low to the ground. With that being said here we go; I'm cruising down the interstate, I notice something metal on the road around the size of a dinner plate but much thicker lol anyways , I had no way around by the time i noticed it. I ran it over and it caught my Output speed sensor wire, ripped the connecter out and broke the female end off (luckily it stayed in transmission). I pull off the freeway, jack the car up, pulled the metal out. Heres where i probably messed up, I drove it home due to not being that far; gas light was on, speedo didn't work, shift horribly(manual), CEL and service engine light were on and basically was in limp mode due to misfiring. I get home, replaced the Output speed sensor, crank the car and go for test drive. Speedo works, all lights off, cars still misfiring, seems like very large power loss above 3k. Next morning CEL is on. I have these codes, P0010, P0013, P0020, P0023, and o2 codes. Keep in mind car ran mint before this, no lights nothing.
Did the OSS getting pulled out trip all these sensors? Did I possibly throw time some how? Did thepull of the piece of metal maybe tore the harness somewhere ? Please help, truly don't know to start and last thing I want to do is hit the dealership.

IMG_0949.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Without a proper intro, it's all the help I'll offer...for now. :D

DieHarder

Reaction score
Obvious mechanical damage; possible harness damage.

You'll have to determine causes for each code and troubleshoot wiring accordingly. For instance 10 is the ECM telling you it cannot read camshaft timing for Bank 1. 13 says Bank 1 exhaust camshaft has an open/short circuit. 20 says Bank 2 intake cam oil control is fubar (open/shorted). And 23 is Bank 2 exhaust cam oil control is (open/shorted). My guess is you ripped the harness somewhere either affecting the wiring/ signals directly or a supporting voltage for that wiring/sensors. Possible that a dead short could have affected other systems but you won't know that until you have a better idea of everything impacted.

You're going to have to get up in the air and check everything for damage. Any other wiring damaged? Look at the damaged sections and what they connect to. Identify in the manual what that wiring consists of and what it feeds. Then do end-to-end continuity checks for opens/shorts. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you probably have some open wires.

tylerfrank

Reaction score
Obvious mechanical damage; possible harness damage.

You'll have to determine causes for each code and troubleshoot wiring accordingly. For instance 10 is the ECM telling you it cannot read camshaft timing for Bank 1. 13 says Bank 1 exhaust camshaft has an open/short circuit. 20 says Bank 2 intake cam oil control is fubar (open/shorted). And 23 is Bank 2 exhaust cam oil control is (open/shorted). My guess is you ripped the harness somewhere either affecting the wiring/ signals directly or a supporting voltage for that wiring/sensors. Possible that a dead short could have affected other systems but you won't know that until you have a better idea of everything impacted.

You're going to have to get up in the air and check everything for damage. Any other wiring damaged? Look at the damaged sections and what they connect to. Identify in the manual what that wiring consists of and what it feeds. Then do end-to-end continuity checks for opens/shorts. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you probably have some open wires.
When i went to change OSS I did look around to see if other wires had got pulled not even the plastic retainers are broke. I am bout to check all fuses. I can get it in the air this weekend to get a better look.

tylerfrank

Reaction score
Well boys fuse #49 looked like it got shot with a BB gun, blown. put a new 15 in and drove it a few miles. all is good. Will update if anything changes. Thank you all!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back