Vinyl stripes replacement

Sarge720

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2007 Mustang that came with 9.5" white vinyl stripes. I don't know if these were installed at the factory or by the original dealer but I can't seem to find 9.5" stripes to replace them now that they are cracked from UV damage. AmericanMuscle has 8, 10, and 12" stripes, Amazon seems to have an endless amount of junk. Anybody have any luck with adding 9.5" stripes to their car?

Note - I don't feel like spending the money to have them painted on.

totaljustice

Reaction score
Last edited:

donfromnaples

Reaction score
I found a guy through the Ford service department who does stripes. It cost me $250 and he came to my house

GriffX

Reaction score
I removed only the trunk part of my 10 year old stripes (Oracal) and it took me hours with heat gun and plastic scraper. But no damage and clear coat was looking like new.

Regarding the moproauto stripes, from an optical viewpoint, shouldn't be the widest part of all stripes on the roof and not in the front?

totaljustice

Reaction score
Regarding the moproauto stripes, from an optical viewpoint, shouldn't be the widest part of all stripes on the roof and not in the front?
I'm not sure that I understand your question. My stripes are all 10 inches wide over the entire car. There is no discernable difference from any viewpoint.

GriffX

Reaction score
I'm not sure that I understand your question. My stripes are all 10 inches wide over the entire car. There is no discernable difference from any viewpoint.
The description of the moproauto side says, the stripe is 10.2 wide on the hood and 10.1 on the roof. The original Shelby stripes were smaller on the hood and wider on the roof and at the end of the hood that if you stand in front of the car the stripes looks straight on the car.

le Mans Measurements.jpg

totaljustice

Reaction score
Well you learn something every day. I never knew that but the slight differences make sense to compensate for distortion when being placed over body curves.

Bnbstang

Reaction score
It's a pain! The car isn't strait so new stripes don't want to conform unless they're cut that way. Ps! Mine are wasted and I'm dreading removal. I'm going to try using a wallpaper steam plate? I live in Havasu where it regularly hits 115. The stripes do NOT want to come off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back