Waxing stripes!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
This is my first car with stripes, is it safe to wax them?

sent using a crappy droidx

you can wax the stripes no problem. You may want to tape off their edges though, so you don't get residue stuck in the corners.

Polishing the stripes is a little more delicate of a situation though. Tape off the corners and only use a finishing polish and pad on a low speed. Just to clean them up.

D'prived

Friends in crawl spaces
Reaction score
Wax is fine as long as it's not abrasive... i.e. carnauba wax. If you do get some wax along the edges use an old tooth brush.

Last edited:

Mustang08

Reaction score
Should be fine to use wax over them. Are the stripes painted or vinyl on? if vinyl if u get any wax residue on the side of the stripes u can take a toothpick and run it right across and get it out

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yes, I am bumping a three year old thread...I figured better to bump an existing thread than start a new one.

I do not have stripes, but I do have a matte black vinyl decal on my roof.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/solid-matte-black-roof-decal-0514.html

So I assume that it is safe to wax it? I was going to use some Chemical Guys Lava wax that I picked up from a fellow S197forum member. Good idea?

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, I am bumping a three year old thread...I figured better to bump an existing thread than start a new one.

I do not have stripes, but I do have a matte black vinyl decal on my roof.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/solid-matte-black-roof-decal-0514.html

So I assume that it is safe to wax it? I was going to use some Chemical Guys Lava wax that I picked up from a fellow S197forum member. Good idea?

I have matte black paint on my hood. Turtle Wax Ice works great for that. I got no streaking at all and it left a natural finish. You should have no trouble with a good carnauba either. When I tried Zaino, it streaked on the matte black. I did not try my latest coating, PolishAngel Cosmic, on it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back