Weight of Shelby Raxor 18"

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
What is the weight of the 18" shelby Razor?? What about for the stock 17" 5 spokes?

I need the wheels to clear the big brakes but are they lighter? I cant find a reliable weight. just "about" or Around...

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Well, is it "about" or "around" the same weight as an FN01R-C or RPF-1? If it's way over that, why bother looking at a bling-y street wheel for track duty? If it's close, then fine...

Pony DNA

grease monkey
Reaction score
What is the weight of the 18" shelby Razor?? What about for the stock 17" 5 spokes?

I need the wheels to clear the big brakes but are they lighter? I cant find a reliable weight. just "about" or Around...

9"x18" Razors are 25.5lb. each, stock Ford 8"x17" are 21.5lb. each

The problem is AFAIK 18" Razors don't clear most 4-piston calipers. You might try the new Baer 4-piston 13" brakes. Check the templates against an 18" Razor.

HTH!

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input!! They do have a 6.5" backspacing
that clears the brakes.
I really want a 20# wheel for track work
but need a street wheel too

Pony DNA

grease monkey
Reaction score
Thanks for the input!! They do have a 6.5" backspacing
that clears the brakes.
I really want a 20# wheel for track work
but need a street wheel too

Hi race4food,

The problem is not the back spacing of the wheel. The problem is the spacing between the rear of the wheel spokes and caliper face. The stock GT's brakes are 2-piston calipers and require about 0.5" to 0.85" (depending on the caliper used) less clearance than the popular 4-piston calipers which have pistons on both sides of the rotor. It doesn't sound like a lot but that last 0.050" is a killer.

Do not trust internet rumors or the wheel makers. Print out a 100% sized caliper template from the brake maker you have chosen and be very sure to allow room for wheel weight clearance between the caliper and inner wheel. This is very important as even the 20" Razors barely clear StopTech, Brembo Saleen or Steeda 4-piston caliper faces. I have never seen an 18" Razor used with a BBK. I just came from the Coronado Festival of Speed where there were hundreds of S197 cars many with Razors and none of the cars with 4-piston BBK's had 18" Razors.

HTH!

Pony DNA

grease monkey
Reaction score
The template wont work as I already have the brakes but not the wheels.

Which brakes do you have? There are templates available for virtually all of the calipers that fit an S197. Like I suggested previously get the caliper template and print it out at 100% scale and go see if it fits the wheels you want to buy. It's not hard to do and it's alot cheaper than buying wheels that do not clear your calipers.

HTH!

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have the wheels but I already have the brakes.. Thus the issue. They are GT500 brakes so what ever fits the GT500 will fit me..

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
R4F: I'll let you know on Monday, but I was assured that the 5zigen FN01R-C in +35 offset (18x9.5) will clear the Brembo setup. It also should clear the wheelwells in the rear, so I'll take pix over the weekend. A set can be had for less than $1100 shipped, and they weigh around 19-20lbs.

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
5zigens fit correct
Enkei racing makes a wheel nt03..light,strong, about $270 a wheel
Trmotorsports also makes a set..light and strong about $300 a wheel

IF you want cheap but somewhat heavier Steeda Pentra wheels are $169 each + free shipping...but they weight about 23#'s

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
I dont have the wheels but I already have the brakes.. Thus the issue. They are GT500 brakes so what ever fits the GT500 will fit me..

btw, they definitely will not fit under shelby razors. my rims are very similar, and thats why my gt500 brembos are not on my car yet

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back