Went to the track tonight ran my best so far

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
The details of the car are

Completely stock suspension except for sportline springs.
Jlt CAI, CMDP, O/R H-pipe, GT500 mufflers and a tune.
Tires are tired 20" 285/30/20 nitto 555 radials
Tr3650 with stock 3.55 gears.

The runs where consistent. I have to slip the clutch a lot on the launch or it spins bad. I want to get some good tires and I have 4.10's in the garage waiting to go in. I will need suspension. After that I want to do something to raise the mph a bit. The goal is to get the car to hook like a mofo and mph around 110.

Here is the best run. 60'- 1.922 et- 13.045 mph- 105.88
73593137808047d852e8e8012e4d7dca_zps53d5840c.jpg

And here are all four
26363a5f547fbde2afc8792bc5c6007a_zps627a94e0.jpg

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Nice runs!

As far as hitting 110mph, slap those 4.10s in, get a lightweight drag wheel setup with a 26" bias ply slick out back, side step the clutch at 5-6k and bang those gears. I'll bet you will be around a mid 12 and be close to your 110mph mark. :beer:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Not bad, some tires will help you out!
What are you shifting at? I've only trapped 110 three times with bolt on's in good DA, usually 106-108.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Those are some good times for your setup. Good skills man!

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Nice runs!

As far as hitting 110mph, slap those 4.10s in, get a lightweight drag wheel setup with a 26" bias ply slick out back, side step the clutch at 5-6k and bang those gears. I'll bet you will be around a mid 12 and be close to your 110mph mark. :beer:

My '07 GT didn't trap over 110 mph until I added boost (Vortech V2). 105-106 mph trap speeds NA are very good!

Those are some good times for your setup. Good skills man!

Thanks guys :beer:

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
What tune?

Bama tune

Not bad, some tires will help you out!
What are you shifting at? I've only trapped 110 three times with bolt on's in good DA, usually 106-108.

I want to get a shift light. I need to get more consistent with where I shift. I am guessing that is what happened to my 1/8 on the first run. It's not inline with my other 3

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
6500 is a good range, I used to wring out 1st and 2nd to 6800 but that was with 4.10's you probably won't benefit from shifting any higher, not bad on the 60's get some ET streets to hoosier QTP's and dump that clutch from 5 grand or more.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
A proper drag radial heated correctly should get your 60' times down to 1.75 (or better). That alone should drop your ET's from 13.0's to 12.7's or 12.8's and make the car more consistent and easier to launch. The 4.10's will likely net you another tenth or two. Neither will improve your trap speed, though.

Trap speed improvements will have to come from breathing improvements (i.e. cams, heads, long tube headers, forced induction, etc.) and/or by a lot weight reduction.

Of course, the "best" mod I found for my '07 GT was trading it in for a Coyote - LOL.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
A proper drag radial heated correctly should get your 60' times down to 1.75 (or better). That alone should drop your ET's from 13.0's to 12.7's or 12.8's and make the car more consistent and easier to launch. The 4.10's will likely net you another tenth or two. Neither will improve your trap speed, though.

Trap speed improvements will have to come from breathing improvements (i.e. cams, heads, long tube headers, forced induction, etc.) and/or by a lot weight reduction.

Of course, the "best" mod I found for my '07 GT was trading it in for a Coyote - LOL.

Doing more with less is so so satisfying :hi:
Having people go "wow, wtf?" instead of "yea they all run that... cool" makes all the difference.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I have similar mods on my car and tried doing 2 passes at the strip after coming off the road course.
What RPM are you leaving at with the street tires?
My second try I pretty much left at idle and had a 2.2 60'
Pass was a 14.042 @104.96. Based off readings with that MPH I should be running faster.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
I have similar mods on my car and tried doing 2 passes at the strip after coming off the road course.
What RPM are you leaving at with the street tires?
My second try I pretty much left at idle and had a 2.2 60'
Pass was a 14.042 @104.96. Based off readings with that MPH I should be running faster.

I rev it up to around 3500 and slip the clutch until I get out there a little and feel it grab then go full throttle. My tires are no good but I was happy with my 60' for what I was working with.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score

Cams are my next motor mod. Anyone have opinions on NSR cams or should I just put some hot rods in there and run it? The motor won't get to many more mods if any so not sure what else is out there for cams. I have seen a lot of people run the hotrods.

Getting a coyote isn't an option but shocking some from a dig is the plan. :naughty1:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Cams are my next motor mod. Anyone have opinions on NSR cams or should I just put some hot rods in there and run it? The motor won't get to many more mods if any so not sure what else is out there for cams. I have seen a lot of people run the hotrods.

Getting a coyote isn't an option but shocking some from a dig is the plan. :naughty1:

Depends on what you want, nothing wrong with the hot rods I got plenty of power from them, despite the "myth" that they are only for sound.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Doing more with less is so so satisfying :hi:
Having people go "wow, wtf?" instead of "yea they all run that... cool" makes all the difference.

Amen to that, was able to get my 3V into 11.8x @ 115mph all motor. Always quite the scene when I popped the hood. First expression was... "WTF, no blower??", next was always... "So where did you hide the nitrous lines??" lol

It wasn't cheap, as I went through a lot of weight reduction (not all though) and H/C/I mods, but it sure as hell broke some hearts... coyotes included. :beerdrink:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score

If the funds allow go with an SPR cam, more specifically the 127500. NSR will give you some gains, but it certainly isn't the optimal cam setup for making the most power.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back