What are the possible Boltons on a mustang ?

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Those in red im not getting.. maybe in the far future.. those in green is I already have ( except only fron swaybar ) in the orenage is thats what im thinking of ( after a small research I will make the desicions)

But those in blue is I dont know what the hell they do .. lol I know the line locks are used for drag cars.. but for what purpose ? ..

Used for heating up the slicks before a run.

and isnt the diffrential cover just a cover? ..

Again used mostly for drag racing. it has extra reinforcement for the differential.

why would I need a shorter blet if the one I have fits perfect ? ( just a question ) ..

bypass power steering pump while at the track.

and from what I heard the electronic water pump doesnt help alot and uses alot of electric in the car.

go for about 10HP you be the judge for the other stuff there are a lot of people running one.

remember i am building my car as a DAILY DRIVER.

Unless I missed it you didnt state that earlier in your post.

Ohh yeah and a sway bar delete...does it affects the driving alot ? cuz I love how my car handles and I also want to throw some weight off..

Yes you really need to tell us what you are looking to get out of the car... If you are not drag racing then you dont need the line lock, nor the diff cover, nor the shorter belt; or the swaybar delete. and if you really are just looking at a DD probably most of the other mods listed.

Virgin_Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah you see.. u guys are right..

Sometimes there are autoxing days.. im not always there.. but when the mood hits I just go .. But to be honest I know I'll be flamed for this. I street race alot.. ( empty streets far from city ) but the drag season is coming Im thinking of the tires already.. but dont know what to put else..

Ohh yeah what about the truetrac ? Isnt it the same as our stock diffrentials ? whats the diffrence?

I know I ask alot.. but we MUST learn something new everyday.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 400RWHP Mustang GT with a Saleen SC is a very good daily driver.

IMHO the best power adder for a daily driver is a twin-screw SC (Kenne-Bell, Saleen, Whipple).

Just my :2cents:.

Mike

Mine's a daily driver too with the Saleen blower.....70K miles and still going. If you're going to blow a wad modding the car, then drive the damn thing! Otherwise, put in an inground swimming pool.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Virgin_Mustang

and from what I heard the electronic water pump doesnt help alot and uses alot of electric in the car.
go for about 10HP you be the judge for the other stuff there are a lot of people running one.

And if you break your one and only serpentine belt, with an electric waterpump, you can drive your car home without it overheating! (been there with the broken belt but no e-pump!)

Also heard some chatter on here that you can run it between races and pull heat out of the engine, which makes a lot of sense.

Mike

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sometimes there are autoxing days...

If you are going to run road courses, then changing out your stock suspension and improving the brakes, is a good way to improve the handling on these cars.

I still have my stock suspension and notice that the car feels top heavy to me and pushes like a son-of-a-bitch when you hit the curves! For those that don't understand the word "push" a la NASCAR, that means "understeer."

Mike

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also heard some chatter on here that you can run it between races and pull heat out of the engine, which makes a lot of sense.

Mike

That was Don's big reason for adding it back in the day (back in the day? what am I, old?).

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Ohh yeah what about the truetrac ? Isnt it the same as our stock diffrentials ? whats the diffrence?

the TruTrac is a heavy duty unit... it has no clutches to slip. The stock unit can and does slip at times. Again if you going to put sticky (slicks) tires on your car it's something I would recommend. The stock unit is only going to hold up to 4000rpm hole shots for so long :shock:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Zackly... Along with the fan switch, I can cool the engine down by 40 degrees or so in about 5-7 minutes.

That was Don's big reason for adding it back in the day (back in the day? what am I, old?).
It was almost 2 years ago... does that qualify as "back in the day"?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back