What CAI is this exactly? I need the specs on it

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
If someone could tell me the specs on this CAI please would be great. I know its the C&L of course, just which one.. Thanks

Attachments

• 100MEDIA_IMAG0204.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0204.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0206.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0206.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 100MEDIA_IMAG0209.jpg
    100MEDIA_IMAG0209.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 87

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That's the c&l racer intake, but that's not the 95mm MAF that comes with it.

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Right, that is the stock MAF on there, and there has been alot of debate on it. I was told that the stock one was plenty and should be used on it. I have a granetelli BA2400 maf sitting in my garage. But the people at brenspeed told me to use the stock one and it would be fine. That they dont support the Granetelli one and it isnt a good MAF. Since though. I am running not right. In low RPM's, there is a strong smell, and it turns my pipes black. And then in the higher RPM range it seems to lean out really bad. I figured it was because of my MAF, but i have heard mixed things back and forth.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Can the 2400's be used on the 05+? I was under the impression that they couldn't be used since they're a tonsil style. The Granetelli is just a rebadged SCT BA2400. But I wouldn't swap your stock MAF for it. It sounds like your tune is off.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Right, that is the stock MAF on there, and there has been alot of debate on it. I was told that the stock one was plenty and should be used on it. I have a granetelli BA2400 maf sitting in my garage. But the people at brenspeed told me to use the stock one and it would be fine. That they dont support the Granetelli one and it isnt a good MAF. Since though. I am running not right. In low RPM's, there is a strong smell, and it turns my pipes black. And then in the higher RPM range it seems to lean out really bad. I figured it was because of my MAF, but i have heard mixed things back and forth.

If that's the stock MAF, you should get a 95mm and have it tuned, you're not gaining much.

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Well, it is the stock MAF, and it is running a 3.3 pulley with a 10% larger than crank pulley, and i just didnt think that the stock maf would support that set up

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly what the people at brenspeed said. So now i am going to be purchasing a JLT the series 3 one. If any of you are located in the Fort Lewis, WA area, please dont go to Turbo Tech in tacoma...pure garbage. They are the ones who did that to my car. I spent about 1000 there and now im going to be spending a few more hundred dollars to get it running right. And on a side note. Does anyone know if brenspeed offers a military discount?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Exactly what the people at brenspeed said. So now i am going to be purchasing a JLT the series 3 one. If any of you are located in the Fort Lewis, WA area, please dont go to Turbo Tech in tacoma...pure garbage. They are the ones who did that to my car. I spent about 1000 there and now im going to be spending a few more hundred dollars to get it running right. And on a side note. Does anyone know if brenspeed offers a military discount?

Turbo tech is an ls and import shop mostly.

I'd suggest you contact The Mustang Shop in Auburn to get it straightened out. Just north of Tacoma near the Supermall and Longacres.

They would be able to tune your car on a dyno and probably with the ba2400 to boot.

Edit: Here's a link to contact info, Marc s on this forum is their new GM. http://themustangshop.com/contact.cfm

Last edited:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score

Call me tomorrow at 253-218-0323. I would be happy to talk to you and get your car running properly. I offer military discounts and understand the financial challenges that some of our military personel face. Better yet, if you can, come see me in person tomorrow and bring your car. My tuner and I will resolve this for you. I will waive my usual custom tune fee and charge you by the hour. If you need a MAF, I have some used ones and will do everything I can to save you money. However, I guarantee you that you will leave with a car that runs great.

As far as Turbo Tech goes, they do a lot of of custom turbo installs and are very good in the their specific arena. 05+ Mustangs isn't one of them however.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually, I believe that is the JDM CAI with a lightning 90mm MAF.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Call me tomorrow at 253-218-0323. I would be happy to talk to you and get your car running properly. I offer military discounts and understand the financial challenges that some of our military personel face. Better yet, if you can, come see me in person tomorrow and bring your car. My tuner and I will resolve this for you. I will waive my usual custom tune fee and charge you by the hour. If you need a MAF, I have some used ones and will do everything I can to save you money. However, I guarantee you that you will leave with a car that runs great.

As far as Turbo Tech goes, they do a lot of of custom turbo installs and are very good in the their specific arena. 05+ Mustangs isn't one of them however.

Wow!!!! Very nice of ya Marc! Can you move down south to Louisiana? We need somebody like you down here. LOL.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
That's what people put together for Saleen S/C cars.
C&L tube, Lightning MAF with a conversion block to run a slot style sensor. It's only 90mm too. If they say it's 95, then it's been honed out 5mm.

Now with our new JLT Series 3 you don't need this. We have a 1 piece unit that's a full 110mm and only $259.:clap:

Check it out:

JLT Series 3 CAI

smred%20series%203%20CAI%20002.jpg

smSaleen%20series%203%20(9).JPG

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Alrighty, looks like I'm finally taking a ride to the mustang shop on auburn, i been waiting on this day for a long time. I knew the shop existed, but didn't realize how friendly and nice the people that ran it actually were. Just got off the phone with them, and will be going up there here in a few hours. I'll keep everyone posted, hopefully all my tuning issues will shortly be resolved....I'm pretty confident they will be, I have heard nothing but great things

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Alrighty, looks like I'm finally taking a ride to the mustang shop on auburn, i been waiting on this day for a long time. I knew the shop existed, but didn't realize how friendly and nice the people that ran it actually were. Just got off the phone with them, and will be going up there here in a few hours. I'll keep everyone posted, hopefully all my tuning issues will shortly be resolved....I'm pretty confident they will be, I have heard nothing but great things

Donald, it was a pleasure to have met you you today. Sorry we couldn't resolve all of the issues but I'm happy that we found out what the problems were and fixed a few of them. Call me when your ready to slow your supercharger down so we can lower the boost and rev it to redline. 15lbs of boost and 505whp at 5,000 was making me really really nervous. :beerchug2:

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
I def. Agree! I was pretty nervous when we went into the higher rpms, def. Not going to ever run it that hard until we get it boosted down! Isn't there a shop in puyallup that makes custom pulleys? Or you think just buying one from saleen would be best? And what size you recommend to put me at about 9psi? Also, I bought a complete 4 gauge wire, and ripped that one that was in there out and junked it this morning, repaired it all, and put the harness back together, I just used 1 solid 4 gauge, and new everything, and once I did that, car runs, battery charges, and no codes or errors, it even runs strictly off of the altenator. I am sitting at the Ford dealership getting the Windows issues fixed since I still jave a warranty...haha.

Having said all that lol. Really had fun yesterday, I will definitely come back, and would recommend highly your shop to anyone in the northwest. Keep up the great work, friendly service, and just grade A everything..

Hey by the way, you have any stickers, I would like to put one on each of my quarter Windows, just don't know what color yet

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back