What have you done to your house today

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are there any products that you can throw on the yard that kills crab grass? or will it just effect regular grass too?

I had some stuff last year that kinda killed crabgrass and demolished Bermuda grass. But not the St aug.

I read somewhere that wetting the grass and then sprinkling baking soda on it. But have yet to try it.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are there any products that you can throw on the yard that kills crab grass? or will it just effect regular grass too?

They used to sell crabgrass killer, but they took it off the market up here. The stuff in the multi-herbicide just slows it down now. That's why putting the preventer down is so important.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Anything that will kill crabgrass will kill or seriously weaken pretty much everything else as well. IMO you could use a systemic herbicide such as Roundup and apply it with a brush applicator. It would be time consuming but you could wipe it on the crabgrass and not get it on the desirable grass.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anything that will kill crabgrass will kill or seriously weaken pretty much everything else as well. IMO you could use a systemic herbicide such as Roundup and apply it with a brush applicator. It would be time consuming but you could wipe it on the crabgrass and not get it on the desirable grass.

You have to really dilute the roundup if you do that. Not that I would know that from experience or anything. :whistling:

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've tried roundup spraying them into the roots/stem. And it doesn't do anything

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Roundup is systemic, absorbed through the leaves. The plant cannot absorb it through the roots effectively.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've tried roundup spraying them into the roots/stem. And it doesn't do anything

That's weird, normally roundup will leave a nice dead patch. Before I marked my 2 gallon spot tanks, I accidently gave my yard spots. Man was I ever pissed!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Builder reps came and removed floor under fridge.

y6yruges.jpg

Now I need to wait for the other rep to call me back and tell me when they replacing them. This is madness. Right now my fridge is relocated in my living room.

zuje3aba.jpg

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Love the look of your living room Cam, minus the fridge of course. Any idea what color that is on your wall?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Cleaned up most of the palm trees in my backyard. Have to hire someone to come clean up the taller queen palms soon. Filled up two more cans of the old mulch the previous owner had laid in the playground area. Still have about 6 full cans to go so I have to get rid of it little by little each week. I want to build a pergola and a BBQ area in the corner there, but my wife would rather have a pergola right outside our backdoor. I think it'd look nicer having a seating area, BBQ area in the corner instead. I'm gonna have to fight her on the location.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I got to tear the kitchen sink apart. I friggin hate plumbing.

The wife plugs up the sink "honey....why is the water coming up the other side when I run the disposal?" Aw shit. :dead2:

Starting with the simple, I open the cleanout & run the snake up that. Run out of snake before hitting anything. So that means i have to do the nasty & get under the cabinet and tear pipes apart. Not what I had planned for the evening.

I knew I was really in for some fun when the T junction start spitting water when I touch it. The damn thing splits clean in half in my hands. :kill: The good news is the sink is now drained, but the tray that fit under the pipes was too small. Yay. Did I mention I hate fixing plumbing?

New PVC T and J-trap now in, and that should not happen again. The silver lining is that thing was ready to go any moment, so a potentially larger mess was avoided. But I hate fixing plumbing...

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Got my garage shelving finished last night... can finally start clearing out the area around my workbench!!!

59gs.jpg

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Not a great pic, but got my TV hung up and all my wiring tucked away.

9ugetumu.jpg

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Cam this stuff actually works fairly well. http://www.ortho.com/smg/goprod/ortho-weed-b-gon-max-crabgrass-control-hose-sprayer/prod10001

Your best bet is to put down a pre-emergent like Scotts Turf Builder With Halts Crabgrass Preventer in late Feb or early March. I use the Scotts system on my yard and it works well. I just put down what and when the web site tells me.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back