What's the deal on yankee toll roads ?

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I live in NJ, tolls are part of life unfortunately here. My wife goes to philadelphia every day for work. 3 bucks for the cheap bridge. For work when I go into Philadelphia on my chevy 3500 box truck, 10 bucks. EZ pass is part of life here and needed it. When in Florida, mad EZ pass didn't work 2 weeks ago on Florida turnpike, had to buy sunpass. One toll will get fine down there as surpass only toll, next cash toll said 50 miles! When got off exit had to buy a sunpass

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know that I've ever seen a toll road in Florida.

There are hardly any in the South at all and certainly not on Interstate highways. The turnpike is the only toll road I know of in Florida and to be honest, it's just as fast to come down I-95 for free. Even if you take the turnpike all the way through Florida, it's only like $40. One single bridge cross up North cost more than that.

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are hardly any in the South at all and certainly not on Interstate highways. The turnpike is the only toll road I know of in Florida and to be honest, it's just as fast to come down I-95 for free. Even if you take the turnpike all the way through Florida, it's only like $40. One single bridge cross up North cost more than that.

What? Name a single bridge that costs over $40.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I spend about $400 per month on tolls and express lanes working my projects in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and Houston. Without them I would be in traffic for hours per day trying to get across town during the worst times of traffic.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a toll road in Florida from, roughly, the Kennedy Space Center toward Disney. I think I paid about $10 bucks in total at like 5 toll booth's and never left the same stretch of highway. At one point I was literally yelling "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TOLL BOOTHS ON ONE HIGHWAY!!?!!? I"M NOT GETTING OFF AND ON DIFFERENT HIGHWAYS!!!"

There were lanes to skip the booths (for SunPass, which is not connected to EZPass or wasn't at that point). Ummm....I'm on a toll road....I guess I have to pay the toll. So I did.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What? Name a single bridge that costs over $40.

Depends on what you're driving. Almost all the bridges around NYC with a truck and trailer would be that or more. His bill may also include fines for not paying.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're driving. Almost all the bridges around NYC with a truck and trailer would be that or more. His bill may also include fines for not paying.

Yeah, but I'm assuming the OP was driving a car. And fines don't count, since he thought he was above the law or something.

Ever look at the cost of driving an 18-wheeler on the Penn Turnpike? Holy schnikies...

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
There are quite a few tolls in the Tampa Bay area; Sunshine Skyway, Selmon expressway, Polk parkway,Veterans just to name a few.Sun Pass is your friend around here.

Last edited:

stpete

Reaction score
Daggone yankees expect you to pay their tolls.

Ever look at the cost of driving an 18-wheeler on the Penn Turnpike? Holy schnikies...

First time I used my then new car trailer, I pulled it from MD to the garden state pkwy in northern NJ, picked up a car and towed it home. Ughh. You pay 3x tolls with a 2 axle trailer. IIRC it was close to $150 each way.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I looked this up. This is $4.00 one-way toll for a passenger car, or $8 bucks to use twice. Sounds like you should have payed the tolls.

http://www.drba.net/DelawareMemorialBridge/CurrentTolls.aspx

George Washington Br/US 46/1-8 $54.75

Delaware Memorial Bridge $57.25

Notice DAte: 03/22/2017
Due Date: 04/06/2017

A whopping 2 weeks to pay it on top of that. Then, can't even pay it online lol.

This is driving a F150, no trailer.

rjyote

forum member
Reaction score

A whopping 2 weeks to pay it on top of that. Then, can't even pay it online lol.

Damn, that's literally highway robbery. Wouldn't pay that. There's a 24 mile bridge near me that has a toll on it though ($3).

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's literally highway robbery. Wouldn't pay that. There's a 24 mile bridge near me that has a toll on it though ($3).

No. It's the toll plus fees and penalties for not paying them when he was supposed too.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

That's not the cost of the toll, that's the cost of you being a dumbass and having to pay fines.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back