wheel question

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will Weld Draglite XP size 15x10 with a 5.5 backspacing work on my 06 GT? knowing that I might need to get the sway bar relocation kit.

Thanks, Bob

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I had 15x9 Draglite XPs w/5.5bs and they fit w/o modifying the sway bar bracket, but they did stick out of the fender well. The 15x10s would stick out an inch farther than mine did.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm just thinking for driving to the track and racing there rather than spending money I dont have on Bogarts at this time, just curious if they would fit. Thanks for the response Don, by any chance do you have yours for sale as I see you added Bogarts?

don_w

Reaction score
Don, by any chance do you have yours for sale as I see you added Bogarts?
I don't have them anymore... and they wouldn't be worth much if I did... :shock:

DSC00653.JPG

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don, the regular Weld draglites 15x3.5 fit with just a spacer? If so what size did you use? Thanks

don_w

Reaction score
Don, the regular Weld draglites 15x3.5 fit with just a spacer? If so what size did you use? Thanks
I needed 11/16" spacer to clear the calipers, plus 3" studs. Note: it was a PITA to get the hubs drilled out for the new studs.

black N boosted

Boosted
Reaction score
I been waiting for weld to come out with the right ones for the front for awhile now, anyone know if there out yet, if so do u have a link?

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I been waiting for weld to come out with the right ones for the front for awhile now, anyone know if there out yet, if so do u have a link?

Agreed, I would love a set of 15 inch Pro Stars with zero fitment issues. These cars ben out for 4-5 years now you would think Weld might want to make a few bucks by selling us some wheels.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Im there with you man, I just bought a used set of Pro Stars and im going to see how well I can get them to fit and make them look ok. I know the rears will poke out a bit but I hope not in the front.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
I will, I just have to get lug nuts for them and extended studs, I want to do it right and make it safe. Just have to figure out if I have to do the rear sway bar relocate kit with the 15x8 back rims with a 5.5 backspacing.

plnfixr320

Reaction score
I had 15x9 Draglite XPs w/5.5bs and they fit w/o modifying the sway bar bracket, but they did stick out of the fender well. The 15x10s would stick out an inch farther than mine did.

How far did your 15x9's stick out?

plnfixr320

Reaction score
About 1/2"... maybe a tad more. This was with 28x10.50 slicks on the car.

Thanks, I have been thinking about 15x10's with 7.5 BS (7.0 would be ideal i think), should keep the wheels inside the fender.

don_w

Reaction score
Thanks, I have been thinking about 15x10's with 7.5 BS (7.0 would be ideal i think), should keep the wheels inside the fender.
I doubt you'll find XPs with those dimensions. And with standard Weld's, the problem will likely be caliper clearance, nessecitating a spacer to fix it. Which of course moves the wheel farther out.

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, these look like XPs to me.

Don, based on your expertise, in regards to the backspacing and what not, will those wheels that Matt posted fit? What makes them 'look' like XPs vs. not looking like them. Just want to make sure this is the real deal before I drop the coin.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back