where did you buy your Flaming River manual rack

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I have made the full commitment to manual steering on the 2007. I figure that every car I have ever had as a "toy" has been manual, so why not?

I do have an issue with Flaming River manual racks being over $600 (not including the $60-80 joint that I will have to get a part number verified), when Fox bodies are under $300. The cheapest I found was Summit Racing at $636 shipped. Most others cost way more. Amer Muscle is out, since I live in PA and have to pay 6% sales tax. What are you folks paying?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
The reason they are so expensive is because of the two billet rack mounts that you have to use to adapt the FR rack to the S197 K-Member.

Our kit we offered years ago was around the same price. Except, ours came with nice adjustable toe ends (bump steer kit) and a partial steering shaft to weld/fabricate.

I like how the FR kit is bolt-in...and it truly is a very nice kit. I stopped offering ours because of how nice this kit is for the price.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
The FR rack is definitely a nice piece, and convenient with the rack mounts to be able to slide it around to fit if needed.

I got mine and the ujoint from JPC

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Man, didn't even think about oil pan clearance, as my 2013/14 oil pan cleared the factory rack by about 1/4".

Always expensive trial and error

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back