Which CC plates are you guys using?

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
They had that exact same issue happen when they built a plate for the BMW 1M and E90 M3. As far as I can tell they had 100% failure rate on track with that plate because they did the exact same thing - ground down the heads of the bolt to get clearance.

We spent a huge amount of time building a custom perch to satisfy the 1M owners and we've sold out twice in record time after offering them.

I know the old adage "you get what you pay for" doesn't always hold up in this case, at that plate is fairly expensive.

Last edited:

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
They had that exact same issue happen when they built a plate for the BMW 1M and E90 M3. As far as I can tell they had 100% failure rate on track with that plate because they did the exact same thing - ground down the heads of the bolt to get clearance.

We spent a huge amount of time building a custom perch to satisfy the 1M owners and we've sold out twice in record time after offering them.

I know the old adage "you get what you pay for" doesn't always hold up in this case, at that plate is fairly expensive.

A link to the GC failures based on the ground down bolt head. The 1M/M3 owners were calling us or texting pictures of their shredded track tires every week begging us to make them a plate.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657961

Yeah I found quite a few posts last night doing a google search about it. I really like everything else about the plate so I hope I can get this resolved.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Way to step up Jason :highfive:

Yeah he's a great guy and had already earned my future business. I really don't feel he is responsible for any of my issues, nor do I feel he needs to be the one to deal with GC. I bought a used set of plates at a great price and they came to me in as good of a condition as when they left GC.

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, now I'm worried about installing mine when i get back. Maybe I should just buy a different set and try to sell these...

claudermilk

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. I just shortened my shopping list by one option. Those ground bolt heads are pretty unimpressive.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, now I'm worried about installing mine when i get back. Maybe I should just buy a different set and try to sell these...

Thanks for the warning. I just shortened my shopping list by one option. Those ground bolt heads are pretty unimpressive.

I agree that the ground heads are a huge drawback but the rest of the piece is great. I haven't had a chance to give them a call but if there's a way they can address this issue I don't know how the plate could get any better in quality.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Ive never had a problem on my G/C plates for all of my three cars 07 gt ,11 5.0 and 13 gt500! but I used a 3/8 torque wrench.... torqued to 18 then to 24 foot pounds!

I got rid of my noisy Vorshlag plates to get my G/C ..I'm glad I did !

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
I agree that the ground heads are a huge drawback but the rest of the piece is great. I haven't had a chance to give them a call but if there's a way they can address this issue I don't know how the plate could get any better in quality.

Please keep us updated on this. I may just skip these and go for MM or Vorshlag depending on what you find out.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I just called and spoke with Trevor at Ground Control. He was very helpful and is sending me a replacement bracket. I ordered an extra one for peace of mind as well.

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
I just called and spoke with Trevor at Ground Control. He was very helpful and is sending me a replacement bracket. I ordered an extra one for peace of mind as well.

Did he give any more info as to why it broke?

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Not really. I just told him why I thought it broke and told him to make sure the replacements I got had more material. If work hadn't royally kicked my ass today I would've probably been a little more assertive when I called but I was too exhausted to try to pick a fight and he wasn't wanting to argue either.

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Not really. I just told him why I thought it broke and told him to make sure the replacements I got had more material. If work hadn't royally kicked my ass today I would've probably been a little more assertive when I called but I was too exhausted to try to pick a fight and he wasn't wanting to argue either.

Thanks man. Please let me know what you think of the replacement part.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back