Which mgw shift knob?

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Just got my MGW knob and lock collar last night. When I put it on there seems to be a large, somewhat unsightly, gap around the base of the locking collar and the plastic part at the top of the boot that was previously covered by the OEM knob. I seem to recall a rubber disk that sits around the shift handle on top of and fills that recess at the top the boot. Seems I've some how evidently lost it, either that or it's my imagination that there was anything there!

For now I've painted and installed a metal washer to fill the gap, but I'd rather have the original part. Anyone know what I'm referring to and where I could get another one? I don't see anything listed in the parts fiche at either Tasca or White bear.

I have this from speed Dawg that fills the gap nicely if you're interested. Perfect condition

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
How are these composite knobs for heat and cold? I don't have a Mustang but my SVT Focus has the same shift pattern as the Coyote Mustang and the threads are the same as well.

I was thinking about a Boss knob or a '15 Mustang knob once the leather on my current one (Mondeo knob from the UK) goes bad but I don't care for the font they used on the Boss and I'm not sure I like the '15 knob enough to put one in my car.

-Steve

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
These Speed Dawg knobs look like the MGW/Epco knobs (MGW told me that's where they get theirs). Wonder if they're getting them from Epco too? Had a 1 lb GReddy counterweight stainless knob on my old IS300 and that sucker got really hot when the car was parked in the sun, even if I used a windshield shade. Took a long time to cool off too.

claudermilk

Reaction score
How are these composite knobs for heat and cold? I don't have a Mustang but my SVT Focus has the same shift pattern as the Coyote Mustang and the threads are the same as well.

I was thinking about a Boss knob or a '15 Mustang knob once the leather on my current one (Mondeo knob from the UK) goes bad but I don't care for the font they used on the Boss and I'm not sure I like the '15 knob enough to put one in my car.

-Steve
That's the whole point of them over the aluminum ones. Mine never gets too hot or cold.

I also have the Epco version of the locking fitting/spacer that snkpwr posted; works great and gives a nice clean, finished look.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
You are running the Blowfish shifter bracket, correct? If so, I'd love to hear your feedback from the MGW shift knob when you get it installed. I am running a basic black with the shift pattern Steeda shift knob (Barton shifter), and since I installed my BF bracket, I get a horroble buzzing/rattling noise from the shift knob. It didn't do it before I installed the BF bracket. I guess the increease in NVH over my regular ole barton two-post bracket has caused the rattling inside the knob. Now I need to find a replacement.

Got my shift knob installed and have driven a few hundred miles now. There is no additional noise or vibration of any kind. I think the BF bracket with the MGW (1st gen.) works really well in this respect because the MGW rear bracket with its elastomer bushing is reused. I put in the stiffer "track" bushing too.

-Jeff

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back