Which muffler did I have?

tamatt27

forum member
Reaction score
Ok here's the deal. My car had Roush mufflers on it when I bought it. I sold them so I could buy the KR mufflers. Now I'm wanting to switch to a mid-muffler setup and wanted to use the kind of mufflers I used to have.
The only problem is I don't know what kind they were. I know they were Roush, but that's it. Can anyone help? Here's a video of the car with the mufflers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZYUmZS9atA

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell from that, but sounds like the stock Roush mufflers, i think they were the chambered magnaflow.square ones. I have the Roush offroads that are round and they are the Borla stingers. Hope that helps a little..lol

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
If you are going to go with a mid mounted system, I would go with the S-Type/Roush Stingers, if you want to stay Roush or just go with borla/frpp stingers or Pypes M80s. Either way the mid mounted system will sound sick. I have my resonantors mid mounted and that runs back to Borla Stingers and I have been told the sound "BAD ASS"!! I haven't been behind the car going down the road to hear it, but I am completely happy, after my sixth exhaust combination.

stangzilla

forum member
Reaction score
idk, but sounds pretty quiet to me. cant be the extreme roush.
not all mufflers are going to fit before the rear end.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
^ Tom you are always the first to post this, LOL!!

Change you sig to HALL MONITOR!

:LMAO:

LOL!! Yeah, I finally find a site that takes it's tech areas deadly serious and people keep posting exhaust threads and threads about catch cans in there. Irritating to say the least.

tamatt27

forum member
Reaction score
If you are going to go with a mid mounted system, I would go with the S-Type/Roush Stingers, if you want to stay Roush or just go with borla/frpp stingers or Pypes M80s. Either way the mid mounted system will sound sick. I have my resonantors mid mounted and that runs back to Borla Stingers and I have been told the sound "BAD ASS"!! I haven't been behind the car going down the road to hear it, but I am completely happy, after my sixth exhaust combination.
Do you have a vid or sound clip?
Thanks to those of you have posted to help answer my question.
Now it's the thread of the day, now that you've graced us with your humble and useful opinion, Frank.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Now it's the thread of the day, now that you've graced us with your humble and useful opinion, Frank.

Don't beat up on Frank...ah.. Tom for monitoring a little, besides tamatt27 you just started a thread a few days ago in pitstop on basically this same subject -

Exhaust guru's inside please...

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score

I will get some sound clips and vids. No problem!

tamatt27

forum member
Reaction score
Don't beat up on Frank...ah.. Tom for monitoring a little, besides tamatt27 you just started a thread a few days ago in pitstop on basically this same subject -

Exhaust guru's inside please...
I did start a thread concerning a different exhaust issue. The thing I had an issue with is the demeanor of his post. What he said is not helpful to anyone and it only causes friction with fellow members. It's an issue I see MUCH more on this site than others...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back