Whos got an electric H20 pump

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I've had one in since Jan 2006. I love it... especially at the track. It's excellent for cooling the car down in a few minutes. The only problem I've had was a pulley bearing went bad in my first one, so I had to replace it a few months ago.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for 2 years without a single issue. Having the peace of mind knowing the car won't overheat if I toss a belt is worth the price of the pump. Plus if you spend a lot of time a the track it is well worth owning. Nothing like being able to cool down the car in half the time.

G.T

Reaction score
i've been thinking of getting one myself but was wondering how to go on about haivng a timer relay for the electric fan that would stay on for a set amount of time once you switch the car off..

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had mine for 2 years without a single issue. Having the peace of mind knowing the car won't overheat if I toss a belt is worth the price of the pump. Plus if you spend a lot of time a the track it is well worth owning. Nothing like being able to cool down the car in half the time.

+1.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
thump_rrr & Hawgman - I have read several posts about tapping into a 12V switched source for the w/p relay trigger.

Is there any reason those of us with a Saleen S/C's couldn't tap into the same wire that was already run from the SJB to turn our intercooler pump timer/relay on?

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
i've been thinking of getting one myself but was wondering how to go on about haivng a timer relay for the electric fan that would stay on for a set amount of time once you switch the car off..
Can't say about the timer, but I have a remote switch for my fan inside the car. Turn on key, flip switch, and my eH2O pump, I/C pump and fan all run. It takes about 5 minutes to pull 40 degrees out of the car.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ive been running my pump for over a year now. no issues. ive tossed so many belts i would have overheated my motor by now without it. huge lifesaver and one of the best mods i did.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thump_rrr & Hawgman - I have read several posts about tapping into a 12V switched source for the w/p relay trigger.

Is there any reason those of us with a Saleen S/C's couldn't tap into the same wire that was already run from the SJB to turn our intercooler pump timer/relay on?

Shouldn't be an issue. Not like the trigger source draws any amperage or anything. Just make sure you get the trigger source in front of any fuses. Would suck for the I/C pump to lock up and blow the fuse and it kill power to your water pump at the same time.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Shouldn't be an issue. Not like the trigger source draws any amperage or anything. Just make sure you get the trigger source in front of any fuses. Would suck for the I/C pump to lock up and blow the fuse and it kill power to your water pump at the same time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the main source of 12v + power for the I/C pump have it's own separate fuse? Even if the I/C w/p croaked it should blow the main power fuse that powers the I/C pump - not the fuse for the timer/relay trigger wire from the SJB. That's why I thought this would be the perfect 12v + source of switched power for the Meziere w/p relay as well. Both relays draw minimal current.

PS: Thanks Hawgman & thump_rrr for your PMs.

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is an electric water pump overkill for a N/A car that nevers sees any track time?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the main source of 12v + power for the I/C pump have it's own separate fuse? Even if the I/C w/p croaked it should blow the main power fuse that powers the I/C pump - not the fuse for the timer/relay trigger wire from the SJB. That's why I thought this would be the perfect 12v + source of switched power for the Meziere w/p relay as well. Both relays draw minimal current.

PS: Thanks Hawgman & thump_rrr for your PMs.

Yea, you are correct. I misread your question on where you were enquiring about picking up the trigger source.

stlwagon

forum member
Reaction score
I've had two in the last 24 months... First one had an internal bearing start to fail but think that was a fluke. Second one has been great.

G.T

Reaction score
to all those running without issues..
what make/model pump have you used?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
meziere is the only one made for our cars to my knowledge

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back