Wideband O2 question

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Juice, good to hear the X4 can load a custom config file and still log all parameters needed. I'll try it next time I run a log.
It is not a very user friendly setup, just so you know. Configuring the x4 with Livelink and NOT having the vehicle connected is a major PITA. The software lists ALL parameters that can be logged an ALL Fords. (I just started playing around with this since I got PRP)

If you have the vehicle connected, Livelink can validate PIDs and reduce the list somewhat.

TBH, I just run the laptop w/x4 and record directly to the laptop. It is a little easier.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't the X4 device require being connected to the LiveLink software thru a laptop and to the vehicle's OBDII during each log run in order to capture/populate the parameters in the configuration file that the tuner or (Lito) would need for tuning the car? Or can the parameters in the configuration file required for tuning the vehicle be captured/populated with just connecting the X4 device to the wideband and OBDII Port without requiring a laptop :shrug:

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
It is not a very user friendly setup, just so you know. Configuring the x4 with Livelink and NOT having the vehicle connected is a major PITA. The software lists ALL parameters that can be logged an ALL Fords. (I just started playing around with this since I got PRP)

If you have the vehicle connected, Livelink can validate PIDs and reduce the list somewhat.

TBH, I just run the laptop w/x4 and record directly to the laptop. It is a little easier.

Just came across this article from the SCT website which does in fact confirm that configuring the X4 with LiveLink can be done without being connected to the vehicle along with populating all parameters/configuration files. Therefore, the X4 is fully capable of storing all necessary configuration files required for tuning a vehicle from the LiveLink software without being connected to a laptop or the vehicle.

LiveLink Gen II
July 16th, 2020

About
Data logging is an extremely important task for any type of vehicle tuning. Accurate data that is easy to review and use is critical for making correct tuning adjustments. Livelink is used to datalog a vehicle, review previous data logs, or create a config for on-device data logging. Configs are custom built PID list’s that can be loaded to a device so that the user can datalog those parameters without the use of a laptop. The stored datalog can be retrieved from the device using Livelink for review. Most custom tuning dealers will use Livelink with their laptop, as it allows much greater control and playback of data logs.

Download Livelink Gen 2 here.

File Types
Description

.cf4
This is a select list of saved PIDS called a Config file (opens in Livelink only)
.dlx
This is an exported config file that is loaded to a device
.csv
This is a data log that has been saved
.hst
This is a saved preconfigured histogram file
Setting up a Configuration
Tools Tab
DTC Code Lookup
Source Values List
Analog Equations Tab
Unit Conversions
Quick Calculated PID's
Check For Updates
  1. Click the Comm Icon on the toolbar.

2. From the Communication page, click the Check Communication button, which is outlined in red below.

3. Upon successful communication, the Driver, Device, and Comm Type status will update look similar to the screenshot area highlighted in red below.

4. Click the Vehicle Info button, which is highlighted in yellow.

5. From the Vehicle Information page verify that the “Validate all PIDs” option is selected

6. Click the Select Items button, which is highlighted in yellow.

7. From the Item Selection page, select the desired PIDs for data logging.

8. After selecting the desired PIDs, click the Configure Datalog button, which will be highlighted in yellow, see below.

9. If using a Ford or GM device, you will see the following page which allows you to select Rapid Packets Mode or Non-Rapid Packets Mode. Choose an option and select Next.

10. From the Data Logging page, click the Start Logging button. When ready to stop, click the Stop logging button, and save your data log by clicking the Save All button located on the toolbar. See below.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
That .cf4 file is the key. Your tuner can send you that file so he gets the data he needs.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That .cf4 file is the key. Your tuner can send you that file so he gets the data he needs.
Lito sent a file that with parameters that he wantes to see to get things started. My guess is he would do the same for you as well. I wasn't sure pid's he want so he sent the file that I then uploaded. I did also use my laptop. But my first file I set was just from the X4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Lito sent a file that with parameters that he wantes to see to get things started. My guess is he would do the same for you as well. I wasn't sure pid's he want so he sent the file that I then uploaded. I did also use my laptop. But my first file I set was just from the X4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The file Lito sent you with the parameters/PID's he wants, did you upload the file in the X4 or the laptop?

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The file Lito sent you with the parameters/PID's he wants, did you upload the file in the X4 or the laptop?
Huh! Good question actually, I believe uploaded to the laptop and then moved it to the x4. I would have to back track some emails. I mean, he didn't give me a tune rather parameters to datalog so he could see what was going on. I'll look through emails for you.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Huh! Good question actually, I believe uploaded to the laptop and then moved it to the x4. I would have to back track some emails. I mean, he didn't give me a tune rather parameters to datalog so he could see what was going on. I'll look through emails for you.
Yes! I'm asking if the parameters to datalog were uploaded into the X4 or were they uploaded into the laptop? Meanwhile, I look forward to the info you can gather from the emails you'll be looking through :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back