Will gt500 radiator extension covers fit gt?

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
Everything under my hood is carbon fiber and it looks great except for one problem..the radiator extensions.I have them painted black but feel it would go along much better with the theme if they were carbon fiber like everything else. The only problem is that the only carbon fiber i can find is for the gt500. ive included the 2 following pics of them:

tn_CF%20Extensions%20029.jpg

tn_CF%20Extensions%20026.jpg

My question is: will they fit on my regular old mustang gt? I was looking at pics of mustangs with the covers on that i already have,and it looks like a close match but dont want to spend money on something that wont fit.Anyone know if they will? Heres of a regular mustang for reference:

mustangtuning_2105_1452278309

acrophobia13

eat. sleep. drive.
Reaction score
They look pretty identical to me. The bolt holes look like they line up perfectly, plus I can't imagine there being a big difference between the two models. If I was you, I'd just go for it.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
They look different to me. Look at the angles on the front edges. That's not gonna work bro.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
they won't work. the angle is a little different. i was gonna buy some for a gt to fit on my gt500 front end but was told it doesn't work. ill need to pick up a set of the gt500 ones to fit

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
Its just frustrating they make them for the gt500 but not a regular gt.you'd figure with more people owning a gt,theyd want to make more for those in order to get a nice profit.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have been looking hi and lo for ones to fit the GT...can't find them...

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, was talking about the CF extensions. Stage3 has been backordered now for about 3 months. I spoke to them and what happened was that their supplier went out of business.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
JLT huh? I just saw their Facebook entry.

Last edited:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Yes,
we are in production and should have a proto type set to show you in a couple weeks.
The "Mustang" and GT500 are totally different.
I will start a pre order thread later this week along with a S-197 discount for the first 20 sets.
The CF radiator support covers have taken off, so I knew we needed to get these going as well.

Thanks
Jay

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Whooo hooo..! And I just got your Oil Separator today....BTW, I just painted the letters red to add some "color" to the engine bay...love it.

JLT1.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back