WOW $1000 for two tires!

07 Boss

Reaction score
I drove a couple miles on a half deflated tire. Effed up the sidewall so I had to get as new tire. Well it's saturday afternoon at like 4 pm and I can't find the right size tire near me that I can get my hands on and need the car running since my other two are down. Anyways decided on a slightly smaller size and had to get two. I knew that my front end would be too low now but I figured if that was the case I could order the right size and use these on my little turbo vert so I went ahead and got some good tires. Choices were limited and time was running out so I pulled the trigger on a couple of Yokohama's. I never really asked the price but after all was said and done I got an invoice for $1048.xx. $423 per tire. Pretty damn crazy.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
When I sold my tree business 2 years ago one of my last expenses was 2 new front tires on my bucket truck. 12R-22.5 radials were over $700 each. The Michelins were over $800 each. Today they are probably $1000 each.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I had a hard time just finding what I wanted. I needed track tires, and most of my choices were not in stock. These are crazy times for parts in general. Used parts cost MORE now than new OEM. And limited stock/availability. Never mind parts going obsolete for some. I came across discontinued parts on a 2019 ford truck. Thats just nutz.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
My tires have always been 500-700 each. When I was a teenager and worked at a tire shop, $60/ea for 225/60R15's for my '86, mounted them myself. I really enjoyed the good times and knew they'd end. Now, I make 6x as much and I'm saving up for years for tires and exhaust pipes. :D

Deewane

Reaction score
My tires have always been 500-700 each. When I was a teenager and worked at a tire shop, $60/ea for 225/60R15's for my '86, mounted them myself. I really enjoyed the good times and knew they'd end. Now, I make 6x as much and I'm saving up for years for tires and exhaust pipes. :D
Good old days

07 Boss

Reaction score
I Don't think I ever paid over $300 for a 245/45/18 before (well maybe but not much more). For $500 these Yokohamas better blow me next time I kneel down to check them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back