x-pipe that doesnt replace stock cats?

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
Is it worth buying an X-pipe that doesnt either get rid of the stock cats or replace them with high flows? Is it just a sound thing, or would i actually see a decient gain with it + tune?

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I had a Pypes splice in X-pipe (stock cats) changes sound jsut a little bit, no gains what so ever. Now i have a Magnaflow catted X, sounds much louder, cleaner and meaner, noticable seat of the pants difference in power. Stock cats are very restrictive, otherwise stock exhuast is pretty good.

Conclusion, Dont waste your time and money on the splice in X pipe.

L.Sanchez

forum member
Reaction score
Conclusion, Dont waste your time and money on the splice in X pipe.

I disagree. I had my local muffler shop install an X-Pipe into the stock exhaust. If you saw how shitty the H pipe is and how restrictive the resonators are, you would definitely remove them as I did. I will agree that the sound is greatly improved...cleaner, more aggresive, smoother in a way. I did notice a difference in power, but very small. Either way, the small gains here will become bigger gains with more power. My muffler shop charged me about $150 for the work. For that price, I was in! :) I guess it depends on how much you're going to pay for it.

sleepy88

forum member
Reaction score
I think there will be a difference in gains from the 3 valve cars to the 5.0 The 11' h pipe steps down in size after the cats then back up again. Some companys are claiming 3 to 5hp but i would think that you may find a few hp more with a good tune. Im sure high flow catted x would be the way to go but it depends if its worth it to spend the cash for what you want.

GroverDill

forum member
Reaction score
If you go to performance peddler dot com

find the login button, type in clubgp, then search pn# 16399

bingo great price and free shipping!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back