2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
I called tousley ford parts and it looks like they are able to order the brembos.

I got a quote for $359 per caliper and $114 per rotor.

Is there anything else needed to bolt it up? reuses the stock brake lines and mounting bracket?

Anyone know what type of pads will fit?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I wonder about the mounting for those 6 pistons and how easily they swap out. Also do they require an upgraded brake booster etc....

Subscribed. I want more details as well.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you figure in the core charge? and I doubt that price is loaded. clips and pads are probably extra .

ct07gt

forum member
Reaction score
I am assuming you have to go to a 19" or 20" wheel to fit it correct? If so you will save on the brake kit but spend a lot more on tires I would think.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm....awesome price! And selling me current 4 pistons would recover most of the money spent. Just need to see if anyone else knows what will be required to hook up!

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
did you figure in the core charge? and I doubt that price is loaded. clips and pads are probably extra .

yeah, the core charge will be another $300 a pop then clips, pads, hardware will run you another $100-150. rotors are gonna be expensive also.

your looking quite a bit more than 1k for the 6p setup.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need more than just the caliper and rotor. You need pads (obviously), brackets for the calipers, different dust shields, the stainless steel braided lines, a different master cylinder (presumably), and the rear brakes, as well, unless you like having incorrect brake bias.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You need more than just the caliper and rotor. You need pads (obviously), brackets for the calipers, different dust shields, the stainless steel braided lines, a different master cylinder (presumably), and the rear brakes, as well, unless you like having incorrect brake bias.

None the less, I think the only point made here is that it's a great price. I'm guessing you could piece all that together for under $1500. Not bad for a 6 piston Brembo brake system.

jymontoya

forum member
Reaction score

Traditionally, Mustang spec Brembo calipers do not require any brackets... they mount directly to the hub.

Also, most people tracking these cars (And these are definitely considered a hard core track upgrade!) remove the stock dust shields, as they just get in the way and cause more wear on the brakes from the added heat. Many find it necessary to go a step further and add brake cooling ducts in the dust shields place. I'm finding though, that with an appropriate spec track pad (Raybestos ST43), ducting isn't necessary, even on a high speed track like Road Atlanta. We'll see what it's like in 90+* heat, but in 85* ambient, the brakes were FANTASTIC without them.

I would love to have a low end fixed caliper Brembo option for the rear, as getting track pads that match F & R for them is much easier than our stock setup. Preferably just a 2 pod, as to not overpower the 4pod fronts. I'm pretty sure the only reason this hasn't been done is because so few people have a differential capable of using a non-floating rear setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back