2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
1) Centric makes pads that fit these calipers - do a search and you'll find them. They're street pads only, but they're cheaper than stock by quite a piece - I think they're about $100 for an axle-set, which is four pads.

2) Personally, I'd just go to a Ford parts counter and buy a set of the OEM brake hoses, copper washers and banjo bolts. They're cheaper, they fit properly and they are every bit as good as the aftermarket stainless lines. If you have your heart set on braided lines, then the Goodridge ones that FRPP made for the FR500S race car will probably fit. The banjo bolt sticks straight out of the back of the caliper, so any hose that's made for other Ford OEM calipers is the wrong shape and won't work. However, any hose made for a racing caliper will fit, because they have their fitting in the middle on the back just like these ones. There is a potential fit problem with the aftermarket lines though - the OEM banjo bolt may be too long and the banjo bolt that comes with the set for a racing caliper will have the wrong thread. The OEM bolt is M10x1.5 and it's long enough for a 1/2" thick banjo fitting, while the aftermarket racing calipers are usually M10x1.0 and they're shorter because they're designed for a fitting that's 3/8" thick.

3) The bolts that hold the calipers to the knuckle are the same regardless of which caliper you're bolting on.

When you say "empty calipers" do you mean that you don't have the anti-rattle spring, the two drive pins and the big bolt and nut that go across the top of the pad pocket? I imagine those parts are available from Ford, but expect to spend a lot on them.

Bringing this thing back from the dead cause there are a lot of current issues that still need clarification that maybe some guys with experience can shed some light on....I got calipers only and seem to be in a bind finding quality aftermarket stuff....

1) Brake pads that PROPERLY fit for the 13/14 GT500 6 pistons....are there any besides factory? I know hawk was "a month away" from having a pad like a year ago....carbotech has one but I think I it was 325 for a set. Also can anyone confirm that when buying from ford that the pads are sold individually per caliper at like ~200 a set?

2) Stainless Steel braided lines that are made for the 13/14 GT500 6 Pistons. I think only BBR has a set, any ideas on other companies...goodridge, powerstop, etc etc?

3) I have empty calipers, no bolts, no harware, nada. Can someone explain or show if the caliper bolts for the 6 pistons is the same as all other front brakes, as in brembo and non brembo. This is what the ford site says. :shrug:
I just dont want to miss one small part and be stuck during the install.

Thanks everyone. Great info so far in this thread.

Last edited:

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
JAJ- Thanks for the help bud. Yeah, when I got them they were empty, missing all those parts. Thats the bolt I meant, was the large one that goes thru the top of the caliper. Also need the anti rattle, pad pins, etc.

How are the centric pads? Mostly using it for street applications.

......So hawk never released a proper pad yet? Shake my head at their customer service. Its been over a year since they said they were a few weeks away. And they advertise pads for the GT500 that dont truly fit them.

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
JAJ- Thanks for the help bud. Yeah, when I got them they were empty, missing all those parts. Thats the bolt I meant, was the large one that goes thru the top of the caliper. Also need the anti rattle, pad pins, etc.

How are the centric pads? Mostly using it for street applications.

......So hawk never released a proper pad yet? Shake my head at their customer service. Its been over a year since they said they were a few weeks away. And they advertise pads for the GT500 that dont truly fit them.

I had a look at the Ford parts site and the kit of anti-rattle spring, pins and the bolt is priced at about $30, so online you'll probably pay a bit less. That's not bad - if you were buying them from Brembo directly they'd be a lot more expensive.

Here's some information about the Centrics:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...brake-pads&p=14088639&viewfull=1#post14088639

The pads are on Rock Auto and they're pretty well priced. That said, if you read through that full thread you'll see all the different types of pad available. I think you're right - Hawk hasn't brought one out yet.

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for all your help! Any chance you show the ford part number for that anti rattle kit?! So I know im looking at the right one. I didnt know it included all that.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I hope those are better than the street performance pads I have on my daily Subaru, they are AWFUL at dusting, great feel and no noise, but they are far worse than the 14" factory gt500 pads at dusting. Every 300 miles the wheels are BLACK, I may downgrade them just to get rid of the dust

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for all your help! Any chance you show the ford part number for that anti rattle kit?! So I know im looking at the right one. I didnt know it included all that.

No - unfortunately, Ford part numbers are hard to come by without actually visiting a dealer. There's a short-form version of the number, but it's generic and the details are important.

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
I was on the tousley ford site and for $30 they have what's called the "pad pin kit" I'm assuming thats it.

I still haven't confirmed if the $208 ford brake pads are for one caliper or for a front set. It appears from the photo to only be one side :0

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
I was on the tousley ford site and for $30 they have what's called the "pad pin kit" I'm assuming thats it.

I still haven't confirmed if the $208 ford brake pads are for one caliper or for a front set. It appears from the photo to only be one side :0

The pad part number is an axle set - four pads.

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Ford pad set, (4 front pads) I will sell for $100+ shipping. Also REvan Racing sells braided lines that fit and work great, I run them on my road race car.
Steve

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
I have a brand new Ford pad set, (4 front pads) I will sell for $100+ shipping. Also REvan Racing sells braided lines that fit and work great, I run them on my road race car.
Steve
Steve:

Do you have a P/N or link to those Revan lines? I'm looking for options since I just picked up a full S550 PP setup and am looking into running them. As it stands it's either Ford OE or Russell.

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
DSC_0007-1_zps3ea1fc1a.jpg
Any idea on piston diameters? These appear offset versus the 2015 PP ones that I measured at 1.28"/33mm:
12417981_831421680319629_7820295987383101008_n.jpg

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
The 2013/14 GT500 brake calipers have 30/34/38 piston sizes. If the 2015 OEM ones are 33mm x 3, then they have about 10% less total piston area than the 2013/14 calipers.

If you're putting them on an S197, they should work fine, particularly if you're using the OEM non-GT500 rear brakes.

Also, check your measurements - most European calipers have piston sizes in even increments - 30-32-34-36 mm, etc - so if you're seeing 33, it's unusual.

Last edited:

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
The 2013/14 GT500 brake calipers have 30/34/38 piston sizes. If the 2015 OEM ones are 33mm x 3, then they have about 10% less total piston area than the 2013/14 calipers.

If you're putting them on an S197, they should work fine, particularly if you're using the OEM non-GT500 rear brakes.

Also, check your measurements - most European calipers have piston sizes in even increments - 30-32-34-36 mm, etc - so if you're seeing 33, it's unusual.
Thanks for the response. Mind if I ask how you came across that information? I haven't seen any of this published; not just in this application, but most (350Z Brembos, as an example).

It's more likely 34 than 32. The measurement was 1.282" with the dial caliper, which is 32.56mm. The measurement was taken without the piston being extended, and as far down the chamfer as I could manage. Normally I'd extend the piston with compressed air, but that's a little harder when I don't want to cut up an OE line. If I get my hands on another set, I'll measure again. I sold the last set faster than I expected.

If they're indeed 34mm, you're talking about 8.54 in^2 for the GT500 caliper and 8.44 in^2 for the 2015 PP, which is ~1% difference. Negligible, really.

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Mind if I ask how you came across that information? I haven't seen any of this published; not just in this application, but most (350Z Brembos, as an example).

It's more likely 34 than 32. The measurement was 1.282" with the dial caliper, which is 32.56mm. The measurement was taken without the piston being extended, and as far down the chamfer as I could manage. Normally I'd extend the piston with compressed air, but that's a little harder when I don't want to cut up an OE line. If I get my hands on another set, I'll measure again. I sold the last set faster than I expected.

If they're indeed 34mm, you're talking about 8.54 in^2 for the GT500 caliper and 8.44 in^2 for the 2015 PP, which is ~1% difference. Negligible, really.

I actually don't remember where I found out originally, but my car came with a set and I eventually convinced myself that the measurements were correct.

Here's a website with corroborating data:

http://www.racingbrake.com/Shelby-GT500-Front-6-Piston-Caliper-p/bf-61bs.htm

2Fass240us

forum member
Reaction score
tiiight

It's interesting that the 2015 PP caliper isn't staggered versus the GT500 one being staggered. My assumption is that Ford/Brembo wanted to get the per-piece cost down and designed them to be flipped. But there are only bleeders on one side versus having 4 per caliper like some Wilwoods with internal crossovers.

All other things being equal, the GT500 caliper would be preferable for its improved pad wear.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought the Brembo M-2300-t for my 2006. I have the. Oss302S wheels. How much should the install for this brake kit cost? I live in the NYC area.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back