2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Anybody know if the 6-piston Brembos will work with 19" SVE Drifts?????

You know Rehagen Racing mentioned above that if your 19" wheels will clear the 4 piston Brembo's, they'll clear the 6 pistons just fine...

Not that those 6 pistons are going to keep the car from moving any better than the 4 pistons do... not that you'll move it anyway! :p

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You know Rehagen Racing mentioned above that if your 19" wheels will clear the 4 piston Brembo's, they'll clear the 6 pistons just fine...

Not that those 6 pistons are going to keep the car from moving any better than the 4 pistons do... not that you'll move it anyway! :p

Roger that!!! I did read that but I was half asleep!! Lol!! Thanks Whiskey!

I need the 6-pistons for HARDPARK! :p

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
19" SVE Drifts and 6-Piston Brembos

19" SVE Drifts and 6-Piston Brembos

Fit like a glove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb2:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Love it. I don't want to covet thy brothers car...but :)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Darren ...

Bad-Ass :thumb2:

1391038843_zpsbd84b720.jpg

Terry

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Too bad performance tires for 19's are near non-existent and expensive.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
Too bad performance tires for 19's are near non-existent and expensive.

Far from nonexistent, but not as numerous as 18s. Give it time. 18" was big back when they went mainstream too. Took like 5 years for tires to really catch up.

JAJ

forum member
Reaction score
Need a quick answer please! does the 19 inch brembo package wheels fit the 6 pistons?

If you're asking about the 2011-2014 GT Brembo package 19x9" rims, FRPP's website says they won't fit over the 15" Brembo brakes. They barely clear the 14" Brembo front brakes, so it's not a surprise they wouldn't clear the 15's.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for that reference. Saved me buying a set of wheels that wont fit.

Cracked my wheel. Guess ill just have to order one off ebay.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Far from nonexistent, but not as numerous as 18s. Give it time. 18" was big back when they went mainstream too. Took like 5 years for tires to really catch up.

A tirerack.com search proves you right... but when I was looking for 305's a couple years ago there were like 5 manufacturers and most were expensive. Now if only BFG Rivals came in 19's.

12GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Bringing this thing back from the dead cause there are a lot of current issues that still need clarification that maybe some guys with experience can shed some light on....I got calipers only and seem to be in a bind finding quality aftermarket stuff....

1) Brake pads that PROPERLY fit for the 13/14 GT500 6 pistons....are there any besides factory? I know hawk was "a month away" from having a pad like a year ago....carbotech has one but I think I it was 325 for a set. Also can anyone confirm that when buying from ford that the pads are sold individually per caliper at like ~200 a set?

2) Stainless Steel braided lines that are made for the 13/14 GT500 6 Pistons. I think only BBR has a set, any ideas on other companies...goodridge, powerstop, etc etc?

3) I have empty calipers, no bolts, no harware, nada. Can someone explain or show if the caliper bolts for the 6 pistons is the same as all other front brakes, as in brembo and non brembo. This is what the ford site says. :shrug:
I just dont want to miss one small part and be stuck during the install.

Thanks everyone. Great info so far in this thread.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back