2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
Installed but yet to test them out.

Brakes are HUGE. Rotors are HEAVY. But it looks SEXY.

FYI.

My GT goodridge lines bolted up no problem.

Also, the existing ford racing brake duct kits for the 4 piston bolt up fine to the 6 piston.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can you show pics of the Goodridge lines connected at the caliper? I didn't take the time to figure out how to twist them to make the banjo fit correctly and used the GT500 rubber lines
Thanks
Steve

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I think they'd be fine for what 99% of us are doing.

As long as the powder coater knows what he's doing. Aluminum has different temperatures and things to use so as not to upset the crystalline structure of the metal.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Coating typically takes place at only 375-425 degrees, and considering what these calipers can see if really pushed do their limits, I don't think it's going to affect the metallurgy.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I finished the install of the 13.75" rears today. A reasonably straightforward install, and the results are awesome. Details are included in my build thread below, including weights of all the new and old parts so you can see how much you're adding to the car.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94159

Here's a few pics:

Paul.

Scruffy

forum member
Reaction score
What about painting with that G2 thermal caliper paint?

Brembo recommended paint for the calipers, which is what they use.

Powder allegedly retains the heat within the caliper more than the paint. For street cars though, it's probably a non-issue..

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
RearBrakesComplete3_zps006afead.jpg

Paul.

sweet Jeebus those are some low profile tires!

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Why do you think I was asking you all those questions about your Michelin's on your old F14s!?!? :) I want to replace these. They are 305/25/20s. Super short.

Scruffy

forum member
Reaction score
I finished the install of the 13.75" rears today. A reasonably straightforward install, and the results are awesome. Details are included in my build thread below, including weights of all the new and old parts so you can see how much you're adding to the car.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94159

Here's a few pics:

Paul.

How long did it take you?

Did you did replace or reuse the axle seals?

Last edited:

BigRed06GT

forum member
Reaction score
Would the 6 pistons fit under 19x10 +48 AMRs? I would assume so but double checking here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rehagen Racing

forum member
Reaction score
If they will clear the 4 piston brembo, then they will clear the 6-piston brembo.

We like that wheel and use the 18" version, but have not yet tested it on the 6-piston kit.

BigRed06GT

forum member
Reaction score
If they will clear the 4 piston brembo, then they will clear the 6-piston brembo.

We like that wheel and use the 18" version, but have not yet tested it on the 6-piston kit.

Yea I'm 99% sure it will clear...well I'll just add this to the future mod list :naughty1:

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
How long did it take you?

Did you did replace or reuse the axle seals?

Probably took me about six hours of actual work, but keep in mind I'm a REALLY slow and lazy mechanic. Left the axle seals in place. You're not gonna damage 'em if you are careful when you pull the axles. Everything is pretty easy, it just takes some time.

Paul.

Scruffy

forum member
Reaction score
Probably took me about six hours of actual work, but keep in mind I'm a REALLY slow and lazy mechanic. Left the axle seals in place. You're not gonna damage 'em if you are careful when you pull the axles. Everything is pretty easy, it just takes some time.

Paul.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting mine done fairly soon. Fronts went on super easy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back