2013 gt500 6 piston brembos

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
I spoke with steve again at tousley ford.

Ok, for a full set your looking at $1250 without shipping.

This includes, calipers (with core charge) w/ mount, brake lines, dust shield, pin, pads, rotors.

I will post up the quote sheet listing individual prices, item numbers, etc.

Steve says that even if it shows up in the system, it does not mean that ford is ready to ship the items. Depending on availability, etc.

looks to be a great system for under $1500 when most other BBK costs well over $2000.

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
just from knowing what was said previously on the 07 gt500 brakes you need an abs module. there was a thread on the forum about it, but i dont feel like looking at the moment. so id be hesitant to put huge brakes on without all the facts.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
There are no brackets, the calipers mount directly to the spindle/hub. These are 15" rotors as well, so wheel fitment is going to be limited. There are core charges on the calipers as well as pad hardware and pads. The pads alone are over $200.

I already have a set on order for my own car. So far they're backordered until the end of this month. I have the rotors and hardware, waiting on the pads and calipers. I honestly don't think my wheels will clear them though.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also, most people tracking these cars (And these are definitely considered a hard core track upgrade!) remove the stock dust shields, as they just get in the way and cause more wear on the brakes from the added heat. Many find it necessary to go a step further and add brake cooling ducts in the dust shields place. I'm finding though, that with an appropriate spec track pad (Raybestos ST43), ducting isn't necessary, even on a high speed track like Road Atlanta. We'll see what it's like in 90+* heat, but in 85* ambient, the brakes were FANTASTIC without them.

you are kidding yourself or your not driving hard enough. I run a stoptech 355 kit with hawk race pads and brembo lfrc fluid . ford racing abs and I can flat out mow my brakes in the corners. I run a 4" brake cooling kit plus a 2" kit blowing on the caliper just tokeep them in check for a 45 min race . 35 min into a race i'm checking for a pedal all the time cause they are getting soft.

you need to brake harder......"lol"

and the brembo 6pot in a monoblock caliper on a factory car is not hard core brakes..........

Last edited:

RI_2011_GT

forum member
Reaction score
There are no brackets, the calipers mount directly to the spindle/hub. These are 15" rotors as well, so wheel fitment is going to be limited. There are core charges on the calipers as well as pad hardware and pads. The pads alone are over $200.

I already have a set on order for my own car. So far they're backordered until the end of this month. I have the rotors and hardware, waiting on the pads and calipers. I honestly don't think my wheels will clear them though.

If they don't fit I will buy them.... I don't see them not fitting my SVTPP wheels :) I have the $-Pot if you are looking for those as a trade.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Are the brake lines different? If I already have stainless lines on my 2011 i would like to bypass that expense. Also dust shields I would assume are not mandatory.

RI_2011_GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't run dust shields currently, so I 2nd that.... and also have stainless steel lines...

The $50 core charge just means you need to send back any caliper? Can I send my stock calipers back?

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
Hope you've got some 19" wheels, because those will not fit under 18s. Which also means you'll need to find 19" track tires.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are the brake lines different? If I already have stainless lines on my 2011 i would like to bypass that expense. Also dust shields I would assume are not mandatory.

I'd like to know this as well since I have J&M lines. Would anyone know if the GT500 dust shields used for the 4 piston Brembo's will work?

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Give it a few months...lot of people will start purchasing the parts, ford will realize what's going on and jack the price up to what you're used to. Seen it before!

I would say buy what you can afford, even of you can't get it all now. Worry about springs, bolts, pads, dust shields, etc for later if need be. Might of get to bolt them up right away, but at half the price, it'd be worth it to me!

ArizonaGT

Road Course Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know this as well since I have J&M lines. Would anyone know if the GT500 dust shields used for the 4 piston Brembo's will work?

Probably not, you might be able to adapt them to fit with some trimming; the 2013 "dust shields" are only about 4-5" in diameter, and heavily vented. The SVT engineers said they are only there because of regulation--so if I were you, I'd just skip them.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
Probably not, you might be able to adapt them to fit with some trimming; the 2013 "dust shields" are only about 4-5" in diameter, and heavily vented. The SVT engineers said they are only there because of regulation--so if I were you, I'd just skip them.

hmm wonder what that looks like. I already have the FRPP brake cooling setup and would probably have to trim the dust shield to accomodate the larger brembos

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Price sounds cool and all on all the physical parts to just do the front, but no one seems to acknowledge the posts about correcting brake bias and needing the upgraded master and abs unit to correct it.

How much does that one piece 15" front rotor weigh, yikes... 25, 30lbs a piece?...

Sounds cool I guess to have a 6 pistson and 15" rotor, but seems like some diminishing returns if not set up properly.

My 2 cents.

jymontoya

forum member
Reaction score
you are kidding yourself or your not driving hard enough. I run a stoptech 355 kit with hawk race pads and brembo lfrc fluid . ford racing abs and I can flat out mow my brakes in the corners. I run a 4" brake cooling kit plus a 2" kit blowing on the caliper just tokeep them in check for a 45 min race . 35 min into a race i'm checking for a pedal all the time cause they are getting soft.

you need to brake harder......"lol"

and the brembo 6pot in a monoblock caliper on a factory car is not hard core brakes..........

Flat out. :chairfall:

Try higher temp pads. I'm not a fan of HAWK crap. Try Raybestos ST41 or higher on a full on race car. You'll use less brake if you treat them like an ON/OFF switch. But I'm sure you know that already... :deadhorse:

I need to brake harder? WHY? Brakes JUST slow you down. :poke:

YOU need to brake LESS.... :nana1:

But seriously... These brakes are overkill city. You'll probably have to run 19" wheels to clear them, and probably need the rear kit to keep the brake bias more reasonable, even with our cars electronic brake force distribution...

I suspect a select few 18" wheels will in fact clear them, just as a few 17" wheels will actually clear the older GT500 Brembos... 5Zigen FN01RC for example... http://forums.themustangsource.com/f800/best-wheel-tire-size-road-racing-492801/#post6032176

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back