3v shock/struts

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
Okay so I've got a n/a 3v 348 rwhp
The front stock struts are junk every time I hit a bump it makes me feal like I'm hurting the car lol, I do a lot of drag racing and have cut a 1.59 60 foot on the stock shocks and struts but it's time to change them the car is lowered 1.5 inches, as much as I love dig racing I can't stand the way these cars sit up like a monster truck not lowered... Curious if anyone has ran the stranges? And what they think of them? Seems like the price is right on those compared to qa1's and vikings... Also was wondering if anyone could tell much of a difference at the track vs the stock ones?

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
I'm running strange single adjustable struts/shocks, and they're working out ok so far. I may move to double adj rears at some point, but I want to optimize everything with what I have before I make that change. I'm not lowered (running older CJ springs). My best 60' so far is 1.576, and I think there's more in it with more adjusting (less rwhp than you, but excellent track prep and DA).

I can't give info on stock struts/shocks vs the strange units - I had them on prior to making my first pass down the strip.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man! And great 60 foot I'd like to run cobra jet springs but I just can't stand how it looks lol? Btw do you run a 26" or 28" tall tire out back? I'm

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
15x4 w/28" tire up front, 15x8 w/26" tire out back. I don't care how it looks, I'm interested in how it performs.

9aug2_zps7ebdc2a7.jpg

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
That's funny my buddy works at a dyno shop and he was talking to some of the guys wondering why they ran 28 vs 26 up front and they said it helps with the 60 is that what you think?

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
I have the strange single adjustable rears, stock front. Lowered 1.5, 28 inch rear tire. 1.50 60 ft. I like the strange stuff, will prob do fronts soon.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
That's funny my buddy works at a dyno shop and he was talking to some of the guys wondering why they ran 28 vs 26 up front and they said it helps with the 60 is that what you think?

Rollout on the 26" ET front is 81" and 88" on the 28" ET front; I think it does help.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The strange adjustables have been working pretty nice for me.
Cool to play around and see the effects etc... I copy linders shit like I'm in math class yo.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
114 mph don't get up to the 1/4 mile stuff much but a lot of 1/8th have gone a 7.7 and 89.98mph, and there's a new clutch In the car this years the last one was slipping a little leaving at 5500 rpms

Last edited:

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
I copy linders shit like I'm in math class yo.
and I study everyone that's done it years ago, it's all good :D

That's what I want lol I want that 11 sec n/a pass best yet is a 12.2 on a 102 degree day

102 degrees, jeez... I don't even bother taking the car to the track in the summer. Road trip to MIR in the fall and knock out your 11.xx slip.

20150401_201032_zps95owqnpy.jpg

FedEx delivery today (cmdp's), I'm getting them installed and a race tune @ JPC late May. I'll hold off on the 4.56 gear install until the fall. Heading out for test & tune tomorrow night to work on a few minor suspension tweaks in the meantime.

Last edited:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ran Qa1 single adjustables shocks and stock struts for consistent 1.49-1.5 sixty foots, and high 11s on a full bolt on car (with comp cams).

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
and I study everyone that's done it years ago, it's all good :D

102 degrees, jeez... I don't even bother taking the car to the track in the summer. Road trip to MIR in the fall and knock out your 11.xx slip.

20150401_201032_zps95owqnpy.jpg

FedEx delivery today (cmdp's), I'm getting them installed and a race tune @ JPC late May. I'll hold off on the 4.56 gear install until the fall. Heading out for test & tune tomorrow night to work on a few minor suspension tweaks in the meantime.

Car should pick up some forsure man!

1camwonder

Reaction score
+ 1 for the strange single adjustables. I have had them on my car for a few months now and I love them. Great product at a great price point (which was the determining factor for me) I'm running them with cobra jet springs and have zero complaints. Glad I went with the single adjustables too. In my opinion double adjustables are overkill for the street and you can easily get yourself in trouble with the doubles unless you're a suspension guru and know exactly what you are fine tuning.

09gt3v

forum member
Reaction score
+ 1 for the strange single adjustables. I have had them on my car for a few months now and I love them. Great product at a great price point (which was the determining factor for me) I'm running them with cobra jet springs and have zero complaints. Glad I went with the single adjustables too. In my opinion double adjustables are overkill for the street and you can easily get yourself in trouble with the doubles unless you're a suspension guru and know exactly what you are fine tuning.

Thanks man for input

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back