A Faster Horse

BLAKE

forum member
Reaction score
Saw it last week and it was great. I don't understand how/why that should turn into an S550 vs the world argument though. That documentary was a love letter to 50 years worth of Mustangs. The access to the process of bringing the 2015 to life was just a bonus.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I could own every generation Mustang I would. Just don't get the dislike some guys have of the S550. Styling?...lol The car is a piece of art. You went backwards Ford! It's heavier!...lol again... It looks like Sid from Stone Age...lol Even more. Don't get me wrong I love the S197's, I would never rid myself of my GT500 for an S550. If I wouldn't of gotten such a good deal on said GT500, the S197 would of been replaced by an S550 (even though I'm trying to track down the buyer to possibly buy my 05 back)... Envy is a MoFo....

Last edited:

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I don't understand how/why that should turn into an S550 vs the world argument though.
Because of the second sentence in the thread. :thumb2:

That documentary was a love letter to 50 years worth of Mustangs. The access to the process of bringing the 2015 to life was just a bonus.

I still haven't seen it yet. I'll try to look it up sometime this week. :beer:

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it via the bay of Pirates... used Utorrent as the client... I have it seeded for all you torrenters...

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Best part was when the chief engineer said, "the whole part of this job was something something fuel economy, and the car gained 71 pounds?!??!"

Runs hands through his hair in despair.

Interesting how the windows leaked and the a wheel and pedals buzzed. Wonder how they fixed that?

5 years seems like a tight timeline. It is! 12-14 hour days, plus stretches where I'm sure you're sleeping at work.

I need to test drive a 550. I drove a 5.0 car and it was very sedate compared to my Bullitt. I bet the 550 will be like my boss's camaro. Very... slow feeling.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
IMO - I think a lot of people mistake the "slow" feeling for the refinement. It can be confusing because the new cars lack a sense of speed IMO. They are much quieter and don't get louder as you gradually accelerate compared to older cars.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
IMO - I think a lot of people mistake the "slow" feeling for the refinement. It can be confusing because the new cars lack a sense of speed IMO. They are much quieter and don't get louder as you gradually accelerate compared to older cars.

For sure, I mean the cars are slow, and have a lot less torque and snap than my tuned up machine... but even my '08 feels not much faster than my old fox with half the power. There lies the rub, it's like a rock star needing kinkier and kinkier sex to get by, eventually you're going to wind up hanging by your belt because 3rd gear rolling burnouts don't do it for you any more.

Black3vGT

Reaction score
iX9YGHm.jpg

05-09s still the best.

Black3vGT

Reaction score
I love both, the retro styling of my 06 is just perfect, but my 16 has some amazing lines. Im really falling in love with the car.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score

Very well said, Cam.

iX9YGHm.jpg

05-09s still the best.

What's funny, and this should really be an obvious thing but I'm just pointing it out to make a statement, is that you truly can see the "form following function" as defined by these two cars in this shot.

The way the S550 has a wider track in relation to the cabin. The S197 looks like the bouncer nobody f**ks with, and the S550 is the Assassin you never see coming.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score

<Flamesuit on>

That's the exact reason I absolutely love hooning it up in my 145K mile, track prepped 99 Miata. The sensation of speed compared to the Mustang is unreal. I can feel like I am acting a fool without really acting a fool.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Saw this last night and LOVED it. I took a tour of the Dearborn Truck Plant while we were in Detroit a few years ago and absolutely loved the behind the scenes look at everything. So this was a cool show to see a glimpse at the engineering part.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I like the '15s, but I LOVE my '08! The new cars just don't look like Mustangs to me. I take that back. From the front wheels back, it's not too bad but that front end. Urgh...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back