All Motor Chat - High Gearing, Light weight, Revin to the moon-

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
:flasher:

Be curious to see how that TB works for you..

Yeah, im wondering the same. i see alot of folks running the FRPP 62mm, so y not be different and throw on a L&M..

Prob. ordering it after Christmas. Im curious to see what your ETs will be now with your new additions! Low 11s!!! Watch out Matt D!:towlwhip:

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
where do i buy the 110mm JLT, i know i will see gains with supercharger. probably quite a few ponys LOL

2to3threE

Banned
Reaction score
would the gains be worth it, cause i believe the c&l race is 95mm, so would 15mm increase, be worth it for me now @ 9psi, and 463+ rwhp range? or should i wait until the 302 stroker + 14 psi?

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Not too big on Dyno numbers but after the install of the FRPP manifold and JLT cold air, with my combo being a little different than most I figured I'd check the tune and dial it in some today. Brent from Brenspeed hooked me up with a 93 octane E-mail tune. It amazes me how close he can get these tunes from a phone call. First pull was 368 with AF at 13.5ish. I added 2% fuel WOT and 1 degree of timing accross the board and it picked up to 370 with a spike at about 4500, figured it was pulling timing so I took out the 1 degree at the top, smoothed out the spike a bit and made a little over 377 at 12.8 AF. Sorry I don't have dyno numbers from the set-up before the manifild and JLT. The air was real decent today with the barometer at 30.01 I figure DA was in the -800 range. All runs were done with the engine at full temperature. Rev limiter was set at 7200..Think I'll bump it to 7500. Dropped the car off for the roll bar after the Dyno runs.. Hoping for some track time next weekend now!

Last edited:

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not too big on Dyno numbers but after the install of the FRPP manifold and JLT cold air, with my combo being a little different than most I figured I'd check the tune and dial it in some today. Brent from Brenspeed hooked me up with a 93 octane E-mail tune. It amazes me how close he can get these tunes from a phone call. First pull was 368 with AF at 13.5ish. I added 2% fuel WOT and 1 degree of timing accross the board and it picked up to 370 with a spike at about 4500, figured it was pulling timing so I took out the 1 degree at the top, smoothed out the spike a bit and made a little over 377 at 12.8 AF. Sorry I don't have dyno numbers from the set-up before the manifild and JLT. The air was real decent today with the barometer at 30.01 I figure DA was in the -800 range. All runs were done with the engine at full temperature. Rev limiter was set at 7200..Think I'll bump it to 7500. Dropped the car off for the roll bar after the Dyno runs.. Hoping for some track time next weekend now!

Art, that's just plain ole GOOD STUFF you got going on... NICE!

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score

Very nice! What kind of times are you shooting for now? Whats next p&p heads?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, two hours later. Not sure how I missed the thread.

Anyhow Art, those are great numbers with the stock heads. Wondered when the cage was going in. I'm pretty happy with what I have and am just putting in a 2step, linelock and maybe an electric water pump (with the SOS cup holder panel). Feel no urge to get the 4.56s over my current 4.30s, going to focus now on bracket consistency in the stick shift classes. Money getting saved for a trailer now.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! What kind of times are you shooting for now? Whats next p&p heads?

Oh..11.49 would be good I guess :naughty1: I think if I pull the heads the rest of the motor will get some attention as well

Wow, two hours later. Not sure how I missed the thread.

Anyhow Art, those are great numbers with the stock heads. Wondered when the cage was going in. I'm pretty happy with what I have and am just putting in a 2step, linelock and maybe an electric water pump (with the SOS cup holder panel). Feel no urge to get the 4.56s over my current 4.30s, going to focus now on bracket consistency in the stick shift classes. Money getting saved for a trailer now.

Don't fear the gear John!!! Im know, Blah Blah Blah...Sounds like a good plan!

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Rench
your making 377whp with 4.56's that's great...

I just installed a LM1-XD16 wide band to see if we can get my tune better.

That's the one I'm using now..Kind of a PIA for install but very accurate! Priceless for track tuning and squeezing out those few extra horses

ranebowcyxx

forum member
Reaction score
I put together a small spread sheet using cost vs weight to come up with a cost per pound to help decide the bang for the buck. Obviously a lot of the weight savings parts also enhance power, handling and overall performance. I just used hard numbers, dollars vs. pounds.

Attachments

• Weight v cost.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reaction score
That's the one I'm using now..Kind of a PIA for install but very accurate! Priceless for track tuning and squeezing out those few extra horses

Where did you put the bung? I have Kooks LT's I put the bung in the drivers side collector, I'm wondering if I will get an accurite reading with the long merge thing in the header? I could put one in the cat pipe I guess, the XD16 seems to work well, (shows I'm rich) as far as install, 5 hours, but I go overboard, trying to find a good switched 12V source was fun..

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I put together a small spread sheet using cost vs weight to come up with a cost per pound to help decide the bang for the buck. Obviously a lot of the weight savings parts also enhance power, handling and overall performance. I just used hard numbers, dollars vs. pounds.

Great job man , thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back