sportinawoody is sportinablown motor is sportin a new build thread

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
got the motor all spec'd ,assembled sat in the car and bolted downafter work this week. chomping at the bit now but lost an exhaust bolt, exhaust gasket and missing the ect harness so it looks like another delay. will put up a few pics tommorrow

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
got the motor all spec'd ,assembled sat in the car and bolted downafter work this week. chomping at the bit now but lost an exhaust bolt, exhaust gasket and missing the ect harness so it looks like another delay. will put up a few pics tommorrow

We all know drywall screws can ruin your day... I would not want to see an exhaust bolt go thru the motor for sure!! find everything...

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
I meant misplaced when I disassembled the motor but I found it now. Jim, I'm waiting on the guy to get me the jesels and once they arrive, we'll go from there

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
naw, my motor is together, I'm tapped from this build because all the supporting stuff that I upgraded along with all the engine stuff just took its toll on my wallet. the jesels are going up when they get here. fixing to start pic whoring

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
this is where I started Monday night and where I left off today waiting for some odd and end stuff . enjoy

oliver makes some good stuff

unshrouded intake valves per yours truly

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Looking good. Be sure to check the front cover for fitment on the 1L block. You don't want any leaks I'm sure.

When does it start?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
probably Thursday night is what i'm shooting for due to waiting for mail order parts, injectors, etc,,, where are these blocks prone to leak from the cover.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
just in case its not known, the ford head gaskets and arp studs don't play nice together unless you do 10 lb increments when torquing. if you double check your torque then that ads up to 4000 clicks of the wrench. took me over an hour to torque these things.

go302

Tits McGee
Reaction score
^^ I did 33, 66, and 100 using the frpp head gaskets and arp studs a few days ago. What problems did you notice?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
i haven't noticed a problem, haven't started my engine yet, but my machinist has built tons of 2,3,and 4'vs and clued me in on a few trade secrets with the building processes of these engines and he has seen issues arising from torqueing an mls style head gasket with the increased clamp load of the arp studs. something along the lines of crushing the gasket instead of clamping it or something or another. anyhow he states it is a pain in the ass but he has yet to see the mls fail with this torque sequence when using studs, so I took his advise.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
i haven't noticed a problem, haven't started my engine yet, but my machinist has built tons of 2,3,and 4'vs and clued me in on a few trade secrets with the building processes of these engines and he has seen issues arising from torqueing an mls style head gasket with the increased clamp load of the arp studs. something along the lines of crushing the gasket instead of clamping it or something or another. anyhow he states it is a pain in the ass but he has yet to see the mls fail with this torque sequence when using studs, so I took his advise.
So what's the sequence?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back