Another MT-82 goes bust at 4k miles

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
Mine has been in about 800 miles. It is starting to sound like I have a PD blower on the car again and is pretty notchy.....no grinding yet though.

Reaction score
Mine has been in about 800 miles. It is starting to sound like I have a PD blower on the car again and is pretty notchy.....no grinding yet though.

I would really like to know what the outcome would be if you changed the fluid.

blownbullitt

blownBullitt
Reaction score
im not having any major problems with mine yet. I do get the 2nd gear grind in the cold tho.

My fear is that i wont see any problems untill im hard core mod'd then have a hard time getting it covered under the warrenty.

i have the same problem when my cars cold, im happy it goes away once it is hot, luckily the only mods i wanna do is programer... from bama do you haqve the race tune or the street tune, 116 trap is awesome!

jestang

forum member
Reaction score
the fluid swap tsb seemed to help with the cold notchiness but did not cure all problems on my car ... it also did increase the gear whine a little but its not crazy loud or anything ... all in all I'm fairly happy with my mt-82 although it is by no means perfect

blackgt09

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about 540 miles into my 2012 and its starting to sound supercharged in every gear.

I'm thinking ill be in the blown mt82 group soon... :(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

AuTo

Reaction score
Hey guys this will be my first post. Im a 21 year old college student who will be graduating from automotive college soon and I've been looking at the 5.0, primarily the Boss. So here's my question, should I go automatic with a regular GT or should I take the risk and go manual with the Boss? I've driven automatics my whole life and have only gotten the pleasure of driving sticks in friends and families cars. I love the new 5.0 and I really want a manual but if I'm gonna be spending more time in the repair shop than driving the car then I think I should go with the auto.

Reaction score
Hey guys this will be my first post. Im a 21 year old college student who will be graduating from automotive college soon and I've been looking at the 5.0, primarily the Boss. So here's my question, should I go automatic with a regular GT or should I take the risk and go manual with the Boss? I've driven automatics my whole life and have only gotten the pleasure of driving sticks in friends and families cars. I love the new 5.0 and I really want a manual but if I'm gonna be spending more time in the repair shop than driving the car then I think I should go with the auto.

You're about to graduate a college that specializes in automobiles yet you come here asking such a question? Seems you wasted tuition money. With that said, get the boss.:)

ViciousJay

forum member
Reaction score
Ford needs to stop burying their heads in the sand, man up and replace all the clutches with a stronger one... maybe a Ford Racing one... HINT HINT

dougjp

Reaction score

Taking into account everything you've said, I suggest you get a used 2009 or 2010 GT manual at a deep discount price to save money starting out. That way you can both decide if you actually want to own a manual every day, and you can do your own work on it. Otherwise, I'd say get an auto or some other make of manual tranny car with few reported problems.

AuTo

Reaction score
I didn't waste any tuition money, I don't have rich parents, I'm not expecting to make 6 figures right outta school, and I plan on making the payments the same way I've been making payments on my charger since I graduated high school. I just wanted help making a decision but seeing as only about two people had anything to say that was on topic I'm still not sure. Anyone else have any relevant or helpful advice I can use?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back