Anyone have one on Camber Bolts?

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Hopfully someone chimes in. I just got some and will instal them when I put all my other suspension stuff on. Im not really sure how they go in either.

mblgjr

forum member
Reaction score
Based on you knowing where the strut bolts to the spindle...

Place your new "camber bolt" in the upper strut to spindle bolt hole.

Install and adjust accordingly.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Based on you knowing where the strut bolts to the spindle...

Place your new "camber bolt" in the upper strut to spindle bolt hole.

Install and adjust accordingly.

Ok, I thought maybe I had to drill the upper hole on the shock out. I read on an istallation guide somewhere that said you had to.

what springs are you using?
I have BMR lowering springs. Something like 1.5 drop I believe.

1FastS197

Reaction score
Ok, I thought maybe I had to drill the upper hole on the shock out. I read on an istallation guide somewhere that said you had to.

I have BMR lowering springs. Something like 1.5 drop I believe.

noooo! don't drill on it! just pull the top bolt out on the bottom of the strut out from the spindle... you'll see the cam on the BMR bolt, i just rotated it until it looked straight up and down... you HAVE to get it aligned afterwards unless you are really good at eye balling it straight... there is a little key on the head of the BMR bolt that slides in the hole on the strut... as you turn the head of the bolt it will rotate the strut and spindle... i'll see if i can get ya'll some pics...

Last edited:
T

Top00Cat

Do you have any pics? I am about to put them in and would like to know as well

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your local shop that does alignments should be able to do it for little cost, all u do is take the top bolt out on each side and just slide it in. I have the eibach ones on my car now and i use to have them on my v6 as well. They work great.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
your local shop that does alignments should be able to do it for little cost, all u do is take the top bolt out on each side and just slide it in. I have the eibach ones on my car now and i use to have them on my v6 as well. They work great.

+1...my tuner put my bolts in for next to nothing and i drove next door for a $10 alignment...god its great knowing people.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but had some questions along the same lines.

I read the instructions but they are a little vague. I installed the Camber bolt in the upper bolt of the lower part of the strut. BUT I have seen some installs that have used the lower bolt?

Also I didnt see that much ajustment. I am using the BMR camber set 2 deg camber change.

I installed the bolt with the bulge side facing the strut.....I set the washer so that the flange tab was facing the tire.

I want to make sure I did this correct. It will be going in for an alignment soon.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Installation Instructions
CAUTION: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Observe proper safety and repair procedures for installation of all chassis parts. Some chassis parts require specialized tools and experience and therefore MUST be installed by a qualified technician otherwise an unsafe vehicle and / or personal injury could result. Always check suspension for interference of moving parts after installation. [/FONT]
[/FONT]NOTE: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]These parts are intended for use in vehicles with abnormal alignment and are designed to replace the non-adjustable factory equipment. These parts are not designed for installation on vehicles with suspension and/or steering systems modified for racing, competition or any other non-standard purpose. [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]1. [/FONT][/FONT]IMPORTANT! [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Check alignment and document the readings. Determine the amount of camber change needed before proceeding. This kit will provide up to ±2° of camber change on most vehicles with one Fastcam bolt installed in the upper strut hole and up to ±4° of camber change when two Fastcam bolts are used per wheel. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]2. Raise front of vehicle in a safe manner and support vehicle on jack stands under the body pinch welds (not the axle) and remove the tire/rim assembly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]3. Remove the UPPER strut bolt but do not loosen the lower strut bolt. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]4. Install the tab washer onto the Fastcam with the bolt head arrow pointing away from the washer handle and the washer tab pointing away from the bolt head so the washer tab is nestled in the space between the bolt head and cam lobe. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]5. Insert one Fastcam (with washer) through the strut/spindle assembly in the same direction that the UPPER OE bolt was installed. For positive camber correction, install with the washer handle pointing towards the tire and the bolt head arrow pointing towards the engine (reverse for negative camber correction). Install the locknut and snug. If only installing one Fastcam bolt, loosen the lower strut bolt and proceed to step 9 otherwise, torque the Fastcam locknut to 20 to 40 ft-lbs (27 to 54 N-m) to hold the spindle in place. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]6. Remove the LOWER strut bolt (on vehicles with splined spindle bolts, it may be necessary to drive out the bolt). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]7. Insert the second Fastcam (with washer) through the strut/spindle assembly in the same direction that the LOWER OE bolt was installed. For positive camber correction, install with the washer handle pointing towards the engine and the bolt head arrow pointing towards the tire (reverse for negative camber correction). Install the locknut until it is snug against the strut but still able to rotate. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]8. Loosen the nut on the top Fastcam slightly just so the bolt can be rotated. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]9. Re-install the tire/rim assembly and alignment equipment and rotate both Fastcam bolts equally in opposite directions (one clockwise, other counterclockwise) or rotate the single Fastcam bolt (if only one installed) until the desired camber angle is achieved. It may be necessary to hold the washer handle to keep the washer from rotating. [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]10. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]After adjusting, tighten all nuts to the torque values. Do Not Exceed Upper Limit. [/FONT]
[/FONT]Torque Values:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Part Number Torque Specification [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]35410 or 81250 55 ft-lbs [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]35420 or[/FONT][/FONT]81260 77 ft-lbs
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]35430 or 81270 77 ft-lbs [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]35440 or 81280 125 ft-lbs [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]35450 or 81290 125 ft-lbs [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Ok guys, I know this is an old post but I need some help. I bought a set of Eibach camber bolts and tried to install them yesterday. When I get the washer tab in the hole on the strut assembly I can not get the bolt to go through because it is too tight of a fit. I tried to put the bolt through first and then slide the washer into place but the same thing happens. The bolt slides in fine, I just can't get the tab on the washer to go in the hole so that the washer will sit flush against the bolt head and the strut. I even tried to hammer it in with a rubber mallet to no avail. I found a video on Youtube but it doesn't show how he gets the washer and bolt in, it skips that part for some reason. Does anyone have any pictures or advice? Please help!!! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
i dunno. I didnt even have a slot for the tab that sticks out of the washer. So, I tossed em and said heck with them. Havent had any issues in 8-9 months.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
i dunno. I didnt even have a slot for the tab that sticks out of the washer. So, I tossed em and said heck with them. Havent had any issues in 8-9 months.

What do you mean by slot? There is no slot, just the hole where the bolt goes in. And that is where the problem is, the hole just doesn't seem big enough for the hole and the tab on the washer to fit into. I have to be doing something wrong but I just don't know what! :hammer:

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Ohh, ok. Got ya. Well I had the same problem as you then. I thought maybe there was suposed to be a slot for the tab to go into, b/c there was no way in hell the tab was going to fit into the hole. I searched around and never could find anything. Hopfully someone will resolve this so maybe I can instal my camber bolts correctly.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back