Bigger, Stronger, and a Lift!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I noticed the curvature looked very similar
Yes, the curvature is identical. It only changes once you get to the top. Here are some other angles of it.

P1080413_%28Medium%29.JPG

P1080418_%28Medium%29.JPG

P1080419_%28Medium%29.JPG

don_w

Reaction score
WOW I just spent about two hours reading this whole thread...Haven't been around this site very much sorry to hear about your loss but congrats on your gains...The house is looking awesome...I grew up around this stuff and have been an RE agent for the past few years...I love watching this stuff go together...Anyway your house looks great and I hope they keep up the good work...Its amazing how different things are built compared to the NE lol...
I appreciate the kind words. Thanks. :beerchug2:

But dayum... 2 hours??? LOL. I admire your perseverance, too.

fieldy301

forum member
Reaction score
But dayum... 2 hours??? LOL. I admire your perseverance, too.

Well I read from page 1 all the way through...Looking at all the pictures etc...And I am probably not the fastest reader...Well worth my time the house is looking great and I am excited to see what comes next...

don_w

Reaction score
Well I read from page 1 all the way through...Looking at all the pictures etc...And I am probably not the fastest reader...Well worth my time the house is looking great and I am excited to see what comes next...
I didn't mean to insinuate that you were a slow reader. haha. Not at all. I was just a little taken back that anyone would sit and read the whole thread all at once. But I'm glad you did, and hopefully the future pics will be just as interesting for you. :thumb:

don_w

Reaction score
May 28, 2009

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure what the general plan is for the drywall taping and mudding. It seems a little hit and miss to me. I noticed that today a lot of the bullnose corners, window frame edges, and ceiling/wall joints had been done. But, there are also many screw and nail heads not done yet, and a number of ugly seams. I'm sure it will all work out in the end... but the sequence of work is not clear.

The other thing being prepped is a re-pour of the sidewalk.

P1120234.JPG

P1120242.JPG

P1120251.JPG

P1120258.JPG

Old sidewalk removed. New one coming soon.
P1120261.JPG

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WOW I just spent about two hours reading this whole thread...Haven't been around this site very much sorry to hear about your loss but congrats on your gains...The house is looking awesome...I grew up around this stuff and have been an RE agent for the past few years...I love watching this stuff go together...Anyway your house looks great and I hope they keep up the good work...Its amazing how different things are built compared to the NE lol...

Yeah, I stepped away from the site for a few months and jumped on 1 night just in time to catch everyone watching news reports of Don's house burning down. Talk about a WTF moment. But it's all good now. New Wife and I are hoping to make it to San Diego this summer, she's from that area. Maybe we'll make it in time for the house warming bar-b-que. If we are invited that is! :)

Last edited:

don_w

Reaction score
Yeah, I stepped away from the site for a few months and jumped on 1 night just in time to catch everyone watching news reports of Don's house burning down. Talk about a WTF moment. But it's all good now. New Wife and I are hoping to make it to San Diego this summer, she's fom that area. Maybe we'll make it in time for the house warming bar-b-que. If we are invited that is! :)
Of course you are invited! :clap:

But, I don't think the house warming BBQ will be in the summer... more like October-ish. Regardless, you better let me know when you are in town. :beerchug2:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn......

I've been gone for so long your house has somewhat grew up on me. Last time I saw it it was sitting on sticks. Now it's almost complete! I'm pretty damn happy for you and your family Don! Congrats! Looking good!

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
That was a long thread from burned to rebuilt and that's going to be very nice diggs when complete. The Mustang on the lift will be a nice pic.

Infinitro

BigDog+SS=NuffSaid!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Of course you are invited! :clap:

But, I don't think the house warming BBQ will be in the summer... more like October-ish. Regardless, you better let me know when you are in town. :beerchug2:

That would actually be even better timing as far as the house warming goes and I was just joshin ya big fella about the invite, we will definitely look you up. We are going to the in laws in Mississippi in july and the wife told me today that later in the summer and into the fall would be better for another mini vacation. Everything is coming together better than expected. Talked to roper about meeting up with the west coasters while we are there. Apparently I will not have to purchase much beer while in cali, there will be plenty to go around. Now if I could just talk hawgman into going at about the same time........hmmmmmmm.......prolly good motorcycle riding weather. Possibilities are endless. Guess I need to drive the 2 miles or so over to his place and discuss it over a few beers. What da ya say Hawg? Let's do it! Beer drinking or traveling to cali that is! :beerchug2:

don_w

Reaction score
Damn......

I've been gone for so long your house has somewhat grew up on me. Last time I saw it it was sitting on sticks. Now it's almost complete! I'm pretty damn happy for you and your family Don! Congrats! Looking good!
They are moving fast on this thing, so don't go away for too long of a time. :thumb:

That was a long thread from burned to rebuilt and that's going to be very nice diggs when complete. The Mustang on the lift will be a nice pic.
Oh you can bet that pic will show up someday! :clap:

That would actually be even better timing as far as the house warming goes and I was just joshin ya big fella about the invite, we will definitely look you up. We are going to the in laws in Mississippi in july and the wife told me today that later in the summer and into the fall would be better for another mini vacation. Everything is coming together better than expected. Talked to roper about meeting up with the west coasters while we are there. Apparently I will not have to purchase much beer while in cali, there will be plenty to go around. Now if I could just talk hawgman into going at about the same time........hmmmmmmm.......prolly good motorcycle riding weather. Possibilities are endless. Guess I need to drive the 2 miles or so over to his place and discuss it over a few beers. What da ya say Hawg? Let's do it! Beer drinking or traveling to cali that is! :beerchug2:
That would be awesome if you and Hawg could come out this fall! :beerchug2:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score

Swing by if your around :beerchug2:

House is looking great Don, bet it's nice to go and see something different every day!

don_w

Reaction score
May 31, 2009

It has been a couple days since I went to the house, so I drove by on Sunday afternoon. The drywall taping process appears to be basically done, and it looks like texture is next. They also poured the new sidewalk on Friday.

Coming up on the schedule are:

• Drywall Texture
• Priming Interiors
• Finish Carpentry
• Installing Stairs
• Installing Bathroom Tile
• Exterior Color Coat
• Exterior Painting
• Installing Roof Tile
• Installing Precast Fireplace Faces
• Installing Cabinets
• Grading for flatwork
• Forming for flatwork

P1120370.JPG

P1120372.JPG

P1120376.JPG

P1120377.JPG

P1120381.JPG

P1120385.JPG

P1120386.JPG

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think we need to do your house party the same weekend as a race at Barona. We could all hang out at the house, then invade Barona, then come back.

torontostang

Reaction score
when i joined it was at like page 14 or 15, been keeping track ever since :) HOUSE LOOKS AMAZING!! congrats :)

don_w

Reaction score
June 1, 2009

There was quite a bit of activity on Monday, June 1. The drywall taping and mudding looks pretty good now (despite my concerns last week). We should be seeing the texture any day now. The also did more lath work on the tubs and showers.

On the outside, they started applying multiple trim pieces and coating them with stucco.

Exterior trim pieces.
P1120393.JPG

P1120395.JPG

P1120407.JPG

P1120411.JPG

P1120426.JPG

Tub/Shower lath work.
P1120403.JPG

P1120404.JPG

P1120405.JPG

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Looking good Don!!! It brings more out with the trim on the exterior.....Can't wait to see this thing go together.....Also can't wait for that bbq......

don_w

Reaction score
June 2, 2009

The exterior trim pieces are all ready to go, and the drywall looks to be ready for sanding and texture.

Exterior trim pieces.
P1120441.JPG

P1120442.JPG

There will be stone wrapped around the columns under these caps.
P1120444.JPG

Drywall is looking good.
P1120447.JPG

P1120449.JPG

P1120450.JPG

Speeddmn

forum member
Reaction score
Don, looking great still, and you know what!

It wont be long and you will have a grill going, beer a'flowing, and unpacking boxes!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back