Bullshit????

07stocker

Reaction score
This ad was on racejunk. was wondering if this sounded like bullshit to anyone else.

Ad #1272594 Posted:2008-08-04 09:32:36
This ad expired 142 days ago.
Teksid 4.6L Block

$250.00
This ad is for a bare teksid block.

These blocks are rated at 1000hp.

This was my spare and I just don't have the room for it now that I have a new longblock coming. It's priced for a quick sale.

There is a small cut in one of the cylinder walls, but my machinist told me it can be fixed by simply doing a .020 over bore. Most folks will do at least that with this block for their motor build.

$250 obo

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
EDIT: That ad expired 142 days ago.

Not bullshit. I'd ask for a picture of the ding in the cylinder wall but that's a pretty average price on a Teksid block.

Last edited:

07stocker

Reaction score
Not up to speed on the teksid products. Were they used by FORD or made as aftermarket upgrades? And Thanks. Glad to be On.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Teksid block was used on four valve engines in Mark VIII cars and Cobras up to around '98 or so. These were cast in Italy and were extremely stout blocks. A different block was used in the '99 and up Cobras (although the Cobra skipped a year here and there) until the '03/04 blown Cobra appeared with an iron block.

The new '05 and up aluminum block was designed off of the original Teksid design with a few design changes to improve structural integrity and oiling priority.

07stocker

Reaction score
I saw the teksid block on a sig here. No plans on mods to car. someday would like to do build up. was just lookin in to it further. thanks.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have one sitting on my engine stand. It is stock bore with no damage to it.
It already has the additional cooling passage hole drilled to mate up with the 3V heads.
All it needs is the knock sensor holes resized and it's ready for machining.
I don't need it anymore since I bought Rons complete 3V stock motor.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have one too that I bought the full engine from a Lincoln. Took it all apart and there it sits. I thought I could sell the heads, but they're too heavy for me to ship. I thought I would build it, but with the price and quality and my lack of know-how I'll buy a built block and have them put it in when the time comes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back