Car won't hook/ slick question

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Getting there- next purchase should be a line loc kit- to get nice consistent burn outs. does the car feel better with the new rear sway bar? and do you have it on it's stiffest setting?

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Getting there- next purchase should be a line loc kit- to get nice consistent burn outs. does the car feel better with the new rear sway bar? and do you have it on it's stiffest setting?

I do have a line lock, it should be on stiffest setting. The burnout I rolled in the video I did not engage the line lock completely.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
from the pic you posted the rear sway is on the stiffest setting (closest to the rear housing).

nice job dipping into the 12's! you'll be killing it in cooler air this fall :) Very interested to watch how these new tires work for you (especially since M/T discontinued the ET street bias ply tires that I'm running now).

keep plugging away at it, and be sure to post updates

**edited to add: move the gopro behind the rear wheel/tire so we can watch what it's doing

Last edited:

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
from the pic you posted the rear sway is on the stiffest setting (closest to the rear housing).

nice job dipping into the 12's! you'll be killing it in cooler air this fall :) Very interested to watch how these new tires work for you (especially since M/T discontinued the ET street bias ply tires that I'm running now).

keep plugging away at it, and be sure to post updates

Will do! So far they are kicking ass. Attached is a time slip from the other setup I was running. Huge difference.

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
So it's time for tires. I've been running Hoosier QTP's 28x11.5x15. Its an auto, 4.10's whipple at 10.3 psi. I usually run high 11's with 1.7xx 60' and trap around 116-118. Should I be using a radial or stick with a bias ply? Track prep is iffy sometimes and I run a PI 3200 converter. Would i make gains moving to a radial? I've never ran anything but bias ply's at the track except for my 18" street radials so I have no experience with a 15 drag radial. I was looking at the MT Street R's or street rSS's. Any suggestions/recommendations? Anyone with Hoosier DR experience? Oh, it has to be a DOT stamped tire.

Thanks,

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Go with a Mickey Thompson ET Pro nothing better out there as a drag radial- 275/60/15- do you need the DOT stamp for a class you run or for the police? Et pro's are considered street legal for drag race classes but they say right on the side not for highway use.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Go with a Mickey Thompson ET Pro nothing better out there as a drag radial- 275/60/15- do you need the DOT stamp for a class you run or for the police? Et pro's are considered street legal for drag race classes but they say right on the side not for highway use.

I just need the stamp for the track. so those would be fine, but what would be the advantage going to a DR vs the current Bias Ply set up currently in use? I am pretty happy with the QTP's but wonder if it would make sense to make the change. I was gong to order track tires this week but then thought maybe there is a better option out there I should explore so I'm gonna wait a few. I ran my ET street radials the other day and couldn't get within a 10th of my 60's with the Bias Ply. If I go with the QTP's I'm going to go 1" wider than my current set up.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Taller is generally better than wider in my experience. But gearing come into play.

Bias ply are more forgiving and consistent. Radials are more finicky and not as forgiving. But if the combo is right on radials can be faster. Just my experience.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Taller is generally better than wider in my experience. But gearing come into play.

Bias ply are more forgiving and consistent. Radials are more finicky and not as forgiving. But if the combo is right on radials can be faster. Just my experience.

Thanks Marble. I think I'm tall enough at 28" on a 15" rim, and I do have 4.10 gears so It is probably around a 3.90 ratio. I think I'm going to go 1" wider with the same height and stick with the QTP's. I need the forgivness and spin recovery of the Bias Ply as our track has hit or miss prep and I don't have too much as far as suspension adjust-ability.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back