Custom Knives

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
The handle on this one is really good. Is it hand made or manufactured material?

The material itself is manufactured. It is called micarta, and made similar to the way fiberglass is. It's shape and design though are hand made. I get the material in sheets, then cut to fit. Then I sand it to the final design. It doesn't come with the grooves already cut if that's what you're asking...that was all me.

n0nleft13

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice twisted, how long did that knife take you to make? That's not damacaus steel is it if so I haven't seen one that looked so raw.

How are you making your knife, what kind of steel: stainless or carbon?

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice twisted, how long did that knife take you to make? That's not damacaus steel is it if so I haven't seen one that looked so raw.

How are you making your knife, what kind of steel: stainless or carbon?

That is Damascus. It was custom made to try have that flame pattern in it. The Damascus I use is made up of high carbon steels. I'd say it probably took 2 days overall to make. One day to rough out the design, start heat treatment. The second day to temper, attach handles, and finish it up.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
new knife... how much?

The 'flame' knife was already sold before it was started to a fellow soldier.

Planning on making a few more, but with a less expensive metal to make it more affordable. Thinking 1095. They will price around $100-125....depending on handles and what-not

Last edited:

Boozshey

Reaction score
Well let me know when you get something else together. I'm heading out in Feb. I wouldn't mind using one to scalp a couple... Oranges... ;)

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
Well let me know when you get something else together. I'm heading out in Feb. I wouldn't mind using one to scalp a couple... Oranges... ;)

Cool man...you want that design? Or I can modify it to suit your needs. Hoping to start on one this weekend... I'll hit you up when it's finished.

Back