FLOOD

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
You could do the buy back and completely strip the car and make it light as hell and a track only car. I'm sure you could figure something out. Sell the whipple and drop a 5.0 in it with a seat, shifter, steering wheel, and some pedals and drive the shit out of it.

06whipple

Really sorry man.

Based on having a flooded car/totaled car of my own, I would say that car is totaled. My Lincoln LS had maybe 6 inches of water in the interior and was nowhere near as high as the water level on your car, and it was just shy of $4000 in damage.

If the insurance company tries to fix it, contest. Water will rust your inside of the interior, there will be mold, possible motor damage, the under carriage will rust, etc.

A Flood vehicle car loses 50-60% of it's current value, and you will never be able to get anything for that car.

In IL, if the water damage exceeds 40% of the total fair market value of the car, the car should be considered a total loss. Let's hope the damage is 10K or greater on your car.

I also hope you either have most of the car paid off/completely paid off, or you have GAP insurance.

Keep your head up man.

car is paid for but unfortunately I don't have gap insurance. At this point after reading some of the posts maybe it would be better if it gets totalled. the insurance company does guarantee the repair for life and I planned on keeping the car for a long time so if it isn't a total loss at least the water damage repair is covered for life.

06whipple

Wait, this was a flash flood on the street? As in, you were driving along, minding your own business, and this water just came out of nowhere and you had to run for it?

Holy crap... :thud:

And you're only an hour or so away from me! I think my car's getting parked on top of a mountain tonight!

I was at work...ford focus is my daily driver so the mustang was parked on the street. I used to keep it in the driveway but started parking it in the street to keep my magnolia tree from dropping leaves on it. Storm drains on my street got partially blocked up during the hard rain and the street flooded...it was raining hard for at least an hour. I'm at the lowest part of the neighborhood so shit runs down hill and the storm sewer main runs under my side yard. When the drain grates get blocked my street backs up.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. I'm in the second highest house on my street and there's a 150 acre lake a block away downhill from me. I'm at least 15'-18' above the lake level so it would be virtually impossible for my place to flood. That was one of the things I considered when buying the house.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Saw this on a diff site, is it you?

6hgobu.jpg

http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/6hgobu.jpg

Last edited:

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, hope that whipple is covered with your insurance.

Really sorry man. I just saw the news today with how bad it was in Pennsylvania.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
Glad I was scheduled for telework today. In Philadelphia on the major road I need to take into work there was a mudslide then a tree fell. What a mess out there. I thought living in this part of the nation we had to deal with an occasional bad snow storm. In the span of two weeks we have had an earthquake, hurricane and floods. I can only imagine what we will get hammered with this winter. I feel for you op. Did any water get into your basement?

06whipple

I have a crawl space and it was ok. Should know today if it was totalled or not.

Last edited by a moderator: