got my high flow cats installed yesterday and........

RSKtakR

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP these things stink!!!! this is exactly why i didnt want friggin cats at all.. i bought some magnaflow high flow cats to quiet my car down some because it was attracting to much cop attention, and it wasnt legal.. well now its legal but just smells like a rotten egg/sour cat sh*t mix.. its AWFULL!! how long does it take for that funk to wear off? how can i speed up the process?? just drive it?

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Drive the damn thing. If you smell it, you are going to slow!! JK of course. If it continues to smell after a day of driving your tune is too rich. I have the Metallic version and don't have any exhaust smell.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
im sure its running a little rich..im waiting for my NANO kit and my BAP to get here so i can install them and the car is going to get dyno tuned, so HOPEFULLY it wont be rich anymore and that smell will go away.. its HORRIBLE!! lol

big-j

Reaction score
how much quiter is it i got flowmasters and a o/r hpipe layin around i wannna throw on it but idk if i should gets high flow cats or resegnators and ya i know i spelled it wrong....i wanna have it louder untill i get my long tubes:evillaugh:

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
It only smells cuz his cats are on fire, relax, running on the rich side will do that even to stock cats. Metallic cats are the best way to go. Don't hafta worry about smell and they last longer.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Um, if you smell the sulfer (rotten eggs) from new cats, then you are running way too rich, the cats aren't keeping up, and you're going to plug them in no time! Then you'll have to buy new ones again. Throwing any codes yet?

JoshC

THE GAME!
Reaction score
Um, if you smell the sulfer (rotten eggs) from new cats, then you are running way too rich, the cats aren't keeping up, and you're going to plug them in no time! Then you'll have to buy new ones again. Throwing any codes yet?

+1! I did that on my Lightning. And that's one reason I don't have it anymore.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back