Is my Clutch Toast???

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'll trade you a shiny black CS for it, and you can leave the clutch out. :)

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was told to stay away for an aluminum for a daily driver. Light steel is the perfered unit for street driving. Is mixing and matching brands ok?

Ok, so I'd probably listen to the advice on the aluminum vs light steel as well. On the mixing brands, as long as they're compatible, and the clutch manufacturer / seller doesnt object, I'd think you'd be ok.

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
I received a call from the Ford Executive Office. I talked with Lynn and she said that because of my pulley upgrade and driving habits (How would they know this?) my warranty claim won’t be honored. I explained my situation in more detail, and told her I just drive the car a lot as a daily driver and not out hot rodding it. She is going to see if there is any assistance Ford can offer me being that I’m a loyal customer.

As of right now a OEM replacement clutch won't ship until 6/30/10.

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Lynn again. She said Ford will not fix the clutch under warranty or provide any assistance through other means to fix it. Their engineers have reviewed the pictures and determined their was no part failure. That the wear was due to the pulley swap. The only thing they will do is offer me an extended service plan for free on the 2011 Fiesta I have on order. Lynn is trying to find me someone technical to explain it to me. I don't understand how this thing is burnt up after 9500 miles of mixed driving....
sad.gif

Are these cars that sensitive?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
shot in the dark... do you have a tendency to rest your left foot on the clutch pedal?

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
shot in the dark... do you have a tendency to rest your left foot on the clutch pedal?

Nope, foot comes off after every shift and is on the floor. I don't ride the clutch. I'm not saying I'm god's gift to manual transmission driving. I just known what not to do.

blacknlte

Reaction score
Just think you got the shit end of this stick..... just throw a Mcleod RXT back in there and call it a day. At least you got the higher ups attention!

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tell them you are backing out on the new car purchase due to this. Them giving you a 395.00 (cost) warranty wouldnt cut it in my book. I would give my buisness to someone else. At least another Ford dealership. Talk to the GM and explain to him, he will be loosing a long time customer and you will be buying that new car somewhere else cause they wont fix your clutch on a 50k car still under warranty. I worked for a few different automobile dealers and trust me, you could get that covered. Skip the service manager and go straight to the GM of the dealer.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tell them you are backing out on the new car purchase due to this. Them giving you a 395.00 (cost) warranty wouldnt cut it in my book. I would give my buisness to someone else. At least another Ford dealership. Talk to the GM and explain to him, he will be loosing a long time customer and you will be buying that new car somewhere else cause they wont fix your clutch on a 50k car still under warranty. I worked for a few different automobile dealers and trust me, you could get that covered. Skip the service manager and go straight to the GM of the dealer.

Worth a shot. At least have he could agree to cover the entire labor/materials charge and you could still drop in a Mcleod RXT+FW.

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
I want to take a minute and clear some things up. People have said my dealer Crouse Ford screwed me over trying to get this repair covered under warranty and that’s not true. I’ve talked with both the service manager and general manager of the dealership. The service manager went through the normal warranty process for the part. Being that my car is most likely the first 2010 with a burnt up clutch it was flagged in the system. SVT wanted pictures of the clutch and other things like the engine bay. Upon reviewing those pictures they determined they would not warranty the clutch. The service manager went back and forth with Ford trying to get it covered. The general manager even spoke with the Ford executive office and got the same answer. He is pretty upset about this as well. Ford won’t offer anything to me but an extended warranty on the 2011 Fiesta I have on order. Basically I have to spend another $17k and they still haven’t addressed the current issue. I’m working with my dealer on some other options now. I’ve had some family issues to take care of so this really hasn’t been a top priority at the moment. They can’t even get the clutch in because it’s on back order until 6/30 at the earliest. The McLeod is on back order until 7/2.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well it's good to know that the dealer seems to have fought the good fight on your behalf.

bpmurr

forum member
Reaction score
Since the OEM clutch seems to be on never ending back order. I order a McLeod RST clutch and flywheel from Lethal. It was shipped two day air from Cali to the dealer and arrived yesterday. Now the dealer can't fix the car until mid next week. Dashing all hopes of me having it for the holiday weekend. My car will have been at the dealer for over a month by the time I get it back. What an experience.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back