Magnetic Oil Plug...

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I assume you mean the engine oil drain plug. The answer is no. I purchased mine from Steeda.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What he said! GOOD thing I have it too. I would not be able to get the stock drain plug out. I have the steeda magnetic and it is smaller and clears something that is in the way down there.... (I forgot what it was, but I had to loosen it and pull it down until I got the Steeda plug.)

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
You don't really need one for the engine, if you're picking up particles on a magnetic engine plug you've got more serious problems. But for the transmission it's a good idea as fragments can come off the syncro's and the transmission has no filtration system per say.

Last edited:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't really need one for the engine, if you're picking up particles on a magnetic engine plug you've got more serious problems. But for the transmission it's a good idea as fragments can come off the syncro's and the transmission has no filtration system per say.

ok...if he doesn't have one in the engine how's he going to know?:poke:

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
ok...if he doesn't have one in the engine how's he going to know?:poke:
Believe me you'd know and a magnetic plug would not give you any notice or measure of safety. Most of the metal in your engine is non-magnetic anyways and like I said if you have chunks of the magnetic metalic parts stuck to your magnet you'd only see that after you pulled your engine to find it has serious damage. So tell me how a magnet will save your engine? But hey it it helps you sleep better then I guess it's worth the $5. It's a cheap item and doesn't hurt anything.

Last edited:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Believe me you'd know and a magnetic plug would not give you any notice or measure of safety. Most of the metal in your engine is non-metalic anyways and like I said if you have chunks of the magnetic metalic parts stuck to your magnet you'd only see that after you pulled your engine to find it has serious damage. So tell me how a magnet will save your engine? But hey it it helps you sleep better then I guess it's worth the $5. It's a cheap item and doesn't hurt anything.

my god, you are so fucking right.

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
my god, you are so fucking right.
I actually bought one too because it's shorter than the stock one. But I didn't feel that it threaded in as far as the stock plug and I was worried I'd strip the threads, so I just use the stock one and have deal with the interference with the CHE k-member.(It barely slides out)and the magnetic one is stuck to the side of my tool box.

Last edited:

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
aluminum

I bought mine just as an indicator. If I see something on there, I know there is big trouble with my new stroker! Your right there are not many things that are ferrous, but there are some and some indication is better than none I guess?

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
LOL maybe he meant it is NONMAGNETIC? Like maybe aluminum?
AAAAHHHH ZmanM3 you understand my rambling!! It's been a long week with little sleep.
Also ZmanM3 Redfire is an awesome color. A buddy of mine put a deposit down on a 2007 Redfire GT the day before he went on vacation. He gets back on Sunday and I'm driving him down to pick the car up on Monday. I've already got a list of mods for him to do.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
AAAAHHHH ZmanM3 you understand my rambling!! It's been a long week with little sleep.
Also ZmanM3 Redfire is an awesome color. A buddy of mine put a deposit down on a 2007 Redfire GT the day before he went on vacation. He gets back on Sunday and I'm driving him down to pick the car up on Monday. I've already got a list of mods for him to do.

Redfire IS the fastest color!

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
redfire?

Zman, I am not so sure redfire is the fastest, cuz we haven't seen any post build results?????:popcorneat:LOL

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
busy

Zman, maybe when you settle in and get things together, you will be able to go have some fun. I'll be looking for your good news!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Zman, maybe when you settle in and get things together, you will be able to go have some fun. I'll be looking for your good news!

With my Ted like racing skills I'm hopping to be in the 13's

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
first run

I am sure you will do better than 13's. I ran a 12.6 the first time I ever ran my car! You will do better with all that tq!
Sorry to jack the plug thead Manystyles!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back