Max CID

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I was thinking about sleeving my kids 3v block I just pulled out or getting a steel 5.0 big bore block for the 326.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The big bore block is about $1200. It needs to be decked and of course the cylinder bores need honing.

I'm not sure that a sleeved 4.6 will hold the kind of power you want to make. I was debating it for some time but finally went big bore. Mainly due to the uncertainty of what I read on the sleeved blocks. Darton had a sleeve system (MID?) that was expensive but looked like it would work. It involved milling out most of the cylinder walls and dropping in a whole bank of cylinders. They were fairly adamant about only certain shops being able to do the work. IIRC you could ship a block to them to be worked.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
MOAR crazy motor talk please! Flattop pistons with an exhaust valve relief would give you about 13.6:1 with stock head cc of 50.3.

Imagine that with your Procharger and E85! Imagine that n/a with E85, hmmm...

No relief needed and you are insane! lol.

A Big Bore 326 stroker is sounding better and better. Just need to see if I want to sleeve an aluminum block or get a steel big bore.

Is a big decision, the alu block has a better crank support but unless you do some weird sleeving not much recommended for crazy boost/power, the boss block holds better on top but to proper hold all that power some extra work on the main caps is needed (I think it was JPC that made the billet mains).

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have read accounts of the BOSS block being sketchy over 800 HP without the bottom end mods.

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I was joking. Haha
Gotcha!

My $.02

You're talking about spending a pile of money on a new motor when you already have a really nice one. You're also talking about running a GT500 block which causes all sorts of fitment/clearance issues like headers, intake, etc, etc, etc.

You have a super solid foundation. How about a bigger blower? You're on e85, may as well chuck more boost at it. That could be done in a weekend. And almost certainly cost less.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Gotcha!

My $.02

You're talking about spending a pile of money on a new motor when you already have a really nice one. You're also talking about running a GT500 block which causes all sorts of fitment/clearance issues like headers, intake, etc, etc, etc.

You have a super solid foundation. How about a bigger blower? You're on e85, may as well chuck more boost at it. That could be done in a weekend. And almost certainly cost less.

You make too much sense. This is a crazy talk thread.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I can get more out of my blower or upgrade to a bigger blower. I was just thinking more cubes and a larger bore would really compliment my head work. We are talking 24 more cubes with a big Bore and a larger position area. That just sounds like winner to me.

I'm over the 5.4 sleeving idea now. I'm pretty set on a Big Bore 326 now.

I haven't even maxed out what I have now, yet.

I'm just thinking about something to build over the winter and slide into what I already have now.

Or there is that big 80mm turbo talk...lol

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will have to refrain from crazy talk as well, same thing accomplished with a couple pounds of boost or a more efficient power adder.

In terms of more cubes, I would always choose a larger bore first over stroke imo. But what do I know I still run stock bore and stroke and stock heads. ;)

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Does JPC still make the BOSS block upgrade parts? I heard they don't. I wouldn't run a BOSS block at your power levels without those main upgrades.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back