Old school vs new school is back on

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My son spent a hunk of change on some custom head work, popped in a mild track cam, found a used shortblock, slapped it all together, and he just called me from the track to tell me he ran a 12.79 first time out in his '87, with a 1.9 60 ft (he's using BALD 15" MT ET Street radials). Last summer we started a bet who would end up with the fastest NA street machine with stock short block, and he's already on my heels again. Here's his car--and no, he doesn't NEED a hood like that, just wanted it that way...
000_0017.jpg

Man, I better be in the groove at the next track rental in two weeks!

John

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Looking car, I want to build a 5.0 Race car with a '03 Cobra engine and a Turbo.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thats some good father son bonding there, Im jealous. My dad wont even ride or drive my car let alone build one for himself. Better not let your boy beat you. lol

Shawn

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Update:

He just called with his second run: it was a 12.68 with a 1.89 sixty foot--he's 1/100 off my best time. I think I'm in trouble next track day.

It's a great time. I spend a lot of time with my 19 year old too, who's into music like I am, and keeps very busy playing the mid-Atlantic area in one of his two bands. It took a lot of convincing to get him to go back to school next fall and finish out an associates in Music, and then go to a larger school for music business, the following year, but he appears to have bought into it. He goes and does well, I'll foot the bill.

John

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice Looking car, I want to build a 5.0 Race car with a '03 Cobra engine and a Turbo.

I've actually been tempted a few times to sell the S197, and find a low mileage clean 5.0 for a daily driver (say $10k), and another 5.0 in fair shape and build a slap together for the track--these things are always for sale around here. They take a beating, are very easy to work on, and there is a huge parts market that doesn't kill the budget. We had a beautiful '86 in canyon read with that big black hood decal, but my son needed some cash and sold it.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've actually been tempted a few times to sell the S197, and find a low mileage clean 5.0 for a daily driver (say $10k), and another 5.0 in fair shape and build a slap together for the track--these things are always for sale around here. They take a beating, are very easy to work on, and there is a huge parts market that doesn't kill the budget. We had a beautiful '86 in canyon read with that big black hood decal, but my son needed some cash and sold it.

There's a emergency hotline for those difficult times. It's mine. Next time that thought crosses your mind, call me and I'll bring you back to your senses!!!

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S197 hotline? Not as far fetched as it seems. Business opportunity in there? Or maybe "S197s for Dummies"??????

You've actually given me an article idea. More later...

John

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back