Order now or wait.....

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
Sold my Turbo 06 GT a few months back and picked up a 2014 SuperCrew FX4 F-150. Now, knowing that was a mistake, I'm looking to get into a 2015. I've heard rumors that the late 2015's will get a HP bump. But, do I order now, wait for the late 2015 or go all out, for me at least, and wait on ordering a GT350. The Premium Performance Pack GT I built online came to $38k with my x-plan. If I wait for the GT350 I really want it will be at least $12k more, so in a year my truck will be worth substantially less. What to do what to do.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417926903.991878.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I dont think they will increase the power. if they do it will be the 2010-2011 hate all over again.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Being that the gt350 is getting an all new motor, I doubt the GT will get a power bump for 2015 or 16

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
The GT350 and the Terminator are completely difference class of cars compared to the GT. a GT Premium is pretty bad ass with regard to Mustangs in general.

You really need to make up your mind if you want a GT or a GT350. It's not something we can help with. It's like debating over getting a GT or a GT500 for the 2013/14 model years. The Shelby is way more bad ass, but not everyone can or wants to afford it.

Me personally... I would hold out for a Terminator in 2016. You will have about 2 years of payments on the truck and likely not as much negative equity as if you did the deal now.

Or, keep the truck and buy the GT Premium... best of both worlds.

Anyway. Just my two cents.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They will bump it up eventually, the 2015 is under tuned for sure considering all the upgrades the motor got, bigger valves, higher lift cams, ported heads, revised intake manifold etc. But the bump up will come in the form of a "revised tune" from the factory and most just get it aftermarket tuned anyway.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never. Never. Never. Never buy a first year major revision model of any car/truck. Wait at least one year. If you are that worried about the value you will lose in your truck, buy a shit box to do everyday stuff in and only use the truck if you need to. You might even end up making the truck worth more because it would have relatively fewer miles for it's age than it has now.

REDS197

Reaction score
This is a new body style with the already proven Coyote. The powertrain has significant capabilities. I know the IRS is built very well. Put in some upgraded half shafts and go. I love mine! IF YOU PLAN ON LEAVING IT STOCK THEN WAIT.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's much more than a new body style. It's entirely new. No doubt there will be no problems to speak of with the engine & transmission, but the rest of the car is totally new. There will be bugs that show up and need to get sorted out.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
its a double edge sword.. if you wait the kinks will be worked out but then you will have a car that looks like thousands of others out there. The new"ness" will be gone. Even when the gt350 comes out it will look a little different but to most people they wont know. Right now you have a completely new body style that most people have not seen in person.

ahhhhh what to do..

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I think if I can find somebody to give me the trade value I want I'm going to go ahead and get a performance pack GT. If not, I'll wait and see where I'm at when order banks open for the gt350.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How is this coyote the same? Its all redesigned with new parts. Id wait and see if they do something about the front end, its ugly to me. I do like the rear.....

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I know I can have this truck paid off in 18 months. Just not sure I can wait that long.

REDS197

Reaction score
How is this coyote the same? Its all redesigned with new parts. Id wait and see if they do something about the front end, its ugly to me. I do like the rear.....

Good point it has better internals!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good point it has better internals!

And redesigned heads. And a redesigned intake. And different profile cams.

I'll bet it's a better car in nearly every measure, but I'll bet it will still have bugs that need sorting.

Last edited:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I know I can have this truck paid off in 18 months. Just not sure I can wait that long.

What is stopping you from waiting?
Must be some physical force I am not aware of :beerdrink:

its a double edge sword.. if you wait the kinks will be worked out but then you will have a car that looks like thousands of others out there. The new"ness" will be gone. Even when the gt350 comes out it will look a little different but to most people they wont know. Right now you have a completely new body style that most people have not seen in person.

ahhhhh what to do..

I think what you're saying only applies to people who need to have the new car on the block FOR OTHER PEOPLE.
IMO wrong way to think of a big purchase.

REDS197

Reaction score
Valve Springs are from the boss. Cams are from the cobra jet. Heads are still cast but have boss valves. ALL PROVEN PARTS. Pistons are same as 13-14 only difference is they are cut to clear the larger valves.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back