Project 700+ WHP

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I have decided to kick it up a notch and try to get some more out of my setup.

Here's my current setup:
Roush RS3
Phase 3 (BAP + 80mm Pulley + Roush CAI)
Revan Dual Fan HE
AEM Meth Injection (Not tuned for meth, just adding a little as a safety factor. Back to back hot dyno runs did show a 50HP gain with just 50/50 mix)

Here is what I have bought for the project so far:
ID1000s
75mm Pulley
11:1 Aluminator
SW Catted Long Tubes
JLT 123 CAI

Does anybody have some suggestions for other things to add outside of driveline which I will be addressing seperately?

20150801_104255.jpg

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good headers with true 3" H or X pipe dual exhaust all the way back.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The stainless works LT setup is 1 7/8". Will they not get the job done? They come with a 3" catted X.

The header should work fine, most don't run cats at that HP level. Bad things happen if they clog.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Should be fast!!! But need pics when parts come in!!!

All these parts are sitting in the garage now. I'll update the thread when I get home from work.

Anybody got an idea if I need to do anything with the fuel system for this setup? Or will BAP and stocker get it done? I found conflicting results in my research.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Damn this place is quiet nowadays! Somebody would have at least jumped in to call me a dumb fuck by now! hah!

All these parts are sitting in the garage now. I'll update the thread when I get home from work.

Anybody got an idea if I need to do anything with the fuel system for this setup? Or will BAP and stocker get it done? I found conflicting results in my research.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
Have you looked into the division X return systems? Lethal carries them. You will defiantly need to move some more fuel if you want to hit 700

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

BAP and stock pump would be at the very edge from what other guys have done. Dual DW200's and a BAP would get you there easy.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I have been kicking around the idea of letting Triangle Speed Shop do this motor swap, but I finally got some balls and got started.

First I put the car in the air, then got to work on the exhaust. Removing the stock H-pipe was a pain in the ass for me. I ended up breaking half the header flange bolts. The outside bolt on the passenger side can only be accessed from the top with a long extension. I pulled all the O2 sensors and left the in place. I could not get the driver side O2 even with the O2 removal tool. It just rounded off the O2. I guess He-Man did all the exhaust install with God's impact wrench. All I can say is I am glad this part is done.

20151113_154541.jpg

20151113_183928.jpg

Next I dropped the stock drive shaft and installed the 3.5" aluminum unit from FRPP. I doubt it will have any trouble handling the power.

20151114_142608.jpg

At this point I removed the stock fan, and all the accessories from the motor. The only part that was really a pain in the ass was the AC compressor. The electronic assist power steering was in the way, and I could not remove the wiring harness bracket on the back of the unit. The only thing I could get on the back bolt of the AC compressor was a 1/4" with swivel. I broke it loose with that then inched it off with a wrench.

VZM.IMG_20151115_163959.jpg

I pulled the blower and manifold off, and set everything to the side.

20151115_163808.jpg

20151115_170609.jpg

20151115_164041.jpg

I bought some chains from the hardware store today and I attempt to pull this sucker tomorrow.

By the way keep your eyes on the for sale section for a 13k long block if you are in the market for a complete motor.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
So I got the bellhousing bolts out,and everything clear and ready to pull the motor when I found the cherry picker I bought is not up to the task. It's just a harbor freight one ton. The crane arm is about 16 inches too short. I tried to remove the inner bumper, but after removing all 8 bolts I found that it must be welded in.

Any ideas of a way out of this one? I would be willing to buy another cherry picker if anybody has a good suggestion.

20151116_161046.jpg

20151116_153019.jpg

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has one that goes out longer. I don't recall what the model is but it's all I've used for my motor swaps. It's orange and white.

Are you still set on 700rwhp? I ask because the 5.0 blocks are known to break at that level. Maybe your Aluminator has the reinforced block?

So I got the bellhousing bolts out,and everything clear and ready to pull the motor when I found the cherry picker I bought is not up to the task. It's just a harbor freight one ton. The crane arm is about 16 inches too short. I tried to remove the inner bumper, but after removing all 8 bolts I found that it must be welded in.

Any ideas of a way out of this one? I would be willing to buy another cherry picker if anybody has a good suggestion.

20151116_161046.jpg

20151116_153019.jpg

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has one that goes out longer. I don't recall what the model is but it's all I've used for my motor swaps. It's orange and white.

Are you still set on 700rwhp? I ask because the 5.0 blocks are known to break at that level. Maybe your Aluminator has the reinforced block?

No reinforced block here as far as I know. I didn't know about the issue with these blocks breaking. I'll have to investigate more on that. I thought I wa fairly safe to 800 rwhp.

I will say this thing probably won't see the strip but a few times a year. I am pretty easy on the hardware in general.

Thanks for the info on the other harbor freight picker. There is a 2 ton version there I'll measure it up and see if I think it will work.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score

20151116_161046.jpg

20151116_153019.jpg

Harbor Freight has a 2ton "big red" or something like that. That's what I used along with a load leveler.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
No reinforced block here as far as I know. I didn't know about the issue with these blocks breaking. I'll have to investigate more on that. I thought I wa fairly safe to 800 rwhp.

I will say this thing probably won't see the strip but a few times a year. I am pretty easy on the hardware in general.

Thanks for the info on the other harbor freight picker. There is a 2 ton version there I'll measure it up and see if I think it will work.

Sorry not HF, Tractor Supply..

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/big-red-2-ton-engine-hoist

I ran a bunch on ~800RWHP with the stock motor until the oil pump gears let go. :-/

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
A cheaper option is getting a piece of steel and drilling some holes and making a longer boom.

Back