Project 700+ WHP

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
I've also done 2 Fore fuel system installs. Holler if you need help. I've got the fuel pump lock ring too which saves a ton of frustration.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
Ya I get it. But we are talking about half a foot reach here. As long as you make sure there is lots of boom inside and use use the same grade steel.

I would do it. Just an option like I said.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I've also done 2 Fore fuel system installs. Holler if you need help. I've got the fuel pump lock ring too which saves a ton of frustration.

Shit you're in Katy! I need you to come pull this motor :gr_grin:

Thanks for the offer, if I get to that point of upgrading fuel I might holler at you.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
Shit you're in Katy! I need you to come pull this motor :gr_grin:

Thanks for the offer, if I get to that point of upgrading fuel I might holler at you.
Yessir I am. What part of town are you in? I might be able to swing by and lend a hand.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Yessir I am. What part of town are you in? I might be able to swing by and lend a hand.

I am sure I'll be able to figure this one out. It's not my first fight with a motor swap, it's just been 15 years.

I live in the champion's forest area if you get bored and want to see the carnage one day and have a beer.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
I am sure I'll be able to figure this one out. It's not my first fight with a motor swap, it's just been 15 years.

I live in the champion's forest area if you get bored and want to see the carnage one day and have a beer.
Mine is the same way. I'm just waiting for my shortblock to be finished up, so there isn't a lot going on at my garage. :-/

How is the roush treating you? I sold my Roush not too long ago and went to the dark side. [emoji23] I ran the 79mm pulley on E85 for about a year before I took it off.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is the same way. I'm just waiting for my shortblock to be finished up, so there isn't a lot going on at my garage. :-/

How is the roush treating you? I sold my Roush not too long ago and went to the dark side. [emoji23] I ran the 79mm pulley on E85 for about a year before I took it off.

Ilove the Roush. It's the best mustang I have owned.

What did you replace it with?

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
Ilove the Roush. It's the best mustang I have owned.

What did you replace it with?
Mine is just a GT with the blower added by me. I swapped to two 60mm turbos.

Last edited:

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I have been reading clutch threads all morning...

I'd like to keep nice street mannerisms but replace my clutch while I have this thing apart. Since it's an MT-82 I didn't really see putting RST/RXT money into it.

What's the next best thing? Or should I keep it stock?

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
I have been reading clutch threads all morning...

I'd like to keep nice street mannerisms but replace my clutch while I have this thing apart. Since it's an MT-82 I didn't really see putting RST/RXT money into it.

What's the next best thing? Or should I keep it stock?
6R80 swap. [emoji23]

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I'll have to measure but I'm almost positive the boom on my engine hoist is much longer.

You're welcome to come get it and use it if you would like? Unfortunately it isn't a folding one so it will have to be loaded in the back of a truck.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
I'll have to measure but I'm almost positive the boom on my engine hoist is much longer.

You're welcome to come get it and use it if you would like? Unfortunately it isn't a folding one so it will have to be loaded in the back of a truck.

Thanks for the offer on that. I just went back to harbor freight and bought the 2 ton hoist which definitely has a longer boom.

On another note if anybody needs a 1 ton lift with a 45 inch boom I have a spare available!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I see you got a new cherry picker but I've been able to use a shorter one by removing the front bumper. Nice build by the way!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I see you got a new cherry picker but I've been able to use a shorter one by removing the front bumper. Nice build by the way!

This is what ai do as well. We have a large one at work I use if it is going to be a fast swap so I don't have to pull the bumper and IC.

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
This is what ai do as well. We have a large one at work I use if it is going to be a fast swap so I don't have to pull the bumper and IC.

What's the trick in getting the bumper off? I found 8 bolts, and assumed it would drop off. But even after getting the deadblow hammer after it, it's solidly attached.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
What's the trick in getting the bumper off? I found 8 bolts, and assumed it would drop off. But even after getting the deadblow hammer after it, it's solidly attached.
If I remember right it has some goop on it that glues it together. I don't know what the trick is, but maybe try prying it apart.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

I used a large chizle and the BFH to separate it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back