Runco, the best service I have ever had yet to date from any A/V company/corporation

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's what retirement is supposed to be all about. Doing what you have been working hard for your whole life to be able to do. The body starts failing you and you can't do a lot of things you would like but you can still enjoy some of the toys you have earned. :beerdrink:

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
I love watching movies at home - more-so than going and dropping $50 at the theater for all of us to go see one. I'll spend $20 on the Blu-Ray and watch it how I want on my modest living room setup. Very nice setup, indeed Terry.

Is that a third sub along the back wall? What is the pink "screen" along the back?

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love watching movies at home - more-so than going and dropping $50 at the theater for all of us to go see one. I'll spend $20 on the Blu-Ray and watch it how I want on my modest living room setup. Very nice setup, indeed Terry.

Is that a third sub along the back wall? What is the pink "screen" along the back?

That is a sound diffuser panel, if you look there are other panels around the room. They are designed to cancel out multi generation sound waves and smooth the sound in the room.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's only money baby, nice setup.

You said it just like I see it.
One can spend the money we worked for or hoard it.
The one's that choose to hoard it more power to them it's their money.
I'm the complete opposite on hoarding I believe in using the money we work for enjoying the things we like.
In our case there is no one to worry about who to leave it to.
So, we have the things we like and in some cases I think we are very-very lucky.
Because we can have what we consider the better things.
Not the most expensive on the market but certainly pretty darn good.
This custom H/T is one of those and the Mustang is the other.
When you only really have a few things your really into then you can have what I consider much higher grade than the average items.

Holy shit! I didn't even know you could buy home theater stuff like that... That is awesome Terry! This goes to show if you work hard your whole life you will be rewarded!
At least that's what I keep telling myself...
Well like you say that's what people say ..........
I think there are other determining factors like,
having multiple children by different women and paying child-support on all of them.
Being lucky enough to meet the right woman and staying married long term and working together for what you want material wise.
Well not intending to come across preachy but I guess I just did.
icon11.gif
icon11.gif
icon11.gif

None of the above is directed to anyone just simply speaking in general.

That's what retirement is supposed to be all about. Doing what you have been working hard for your whole life to be able to do. The body starts failing you and you can't do a lot of things you would like but you can still enjoy some of the toys you have earned. :beerdrink:

Earl, Man you nailed it brother man.

Once the health goes we are screwed !!!

I'm trying to do all I can while my health is still holding out for the most part.

In away I know I am rushing one thing and that's the Mustang.
I think I am worried my health might go to crap and I won't get to enjoy it.
So I'm having done to it everything that I and Brent can think up.
I'm really close now to it being finalized and I damn well have made the decision mentally to freaking stop screwing with it.
Earl, I just got new pics & video from Brent I'll post on my main thread this evening if you want to check things out.
Nothing earth shattering but pics of things I have not seen until today.
Same for the short video walk-around.

Same goes for the H/T it is done and I did stop on it
I tried my best to do it right this last up-grade which included the Runco VX-11d projector.
That thing was one damn expensive purchase at the time.
But I'm really glad we went ahead and did it as the picture on the 10' screen with a Blu-ray is "Awesome".

Actually that is 2-Subs stacked.
There are as you probably saw two more up front all the same manufacturer.
Mirage BPS 400 series.

I see below Earl replied to the Red Acoustic Panel already.
It and the others are for controlling Echo and different areas of the audio.

http://www.acousticinnovations.com/

http://acousticinnovations.com/acoustictreatments

Hey buddy let me share something with you on what you said above.
[I'll spend $20 on the Blu-Ray and watch it how I want on my modest living room setup.]
It makes no darn difference the size and or cost or how elaborate our individual system is.
The only thing really that counts is relaxing and enjoying what we do have.
My system might look to some people as totally awesome.
Guess what ????
I'm a member on multiple A/V internet sites like AVS & Audio Aficionado.
Some of those members have systems that make mine simply pitiful if we were comparing.
But you know what ???
I luv mine and every minute I get to spend enjoying it.
That's exactly why I say to you, as long as you are enjoying your's that's really all that counts IMHO.

That is a sound diffuser panel, if you look there are other panels around the room. They are designed to cancel out multi generation sound waves and smooth the sound in the room.

Earl, you are right on top of things as always. :patriot:

Oh I see.

:driver:

Terry

Last edited:

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Nice setup. I can't watch a DLP no matter what the brand without getting annoyed...I see the rainbow effect due to the color wheel.

What speakers are those?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. I can't watch a DLP no matter what the brand without getting annoyed...I see the rainbow effect due to the color wheel.

What speakers are those?
Shane,

Runco VX-11d 3-Chip DLP Projector

http://www.runco.com/home-theater-products/runco-videoxtreme-vx-11d-projectors

Trust me pal there is no rainbow effect period with the VX-11d.
(No color-wheel)

The picture with a Blu-ray is Super Bright & extremely clear.

All the speakers except the 4-Mirage BPS 400 series are JM Lab Utopia Mezzo's.

Terry

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Shane,

Runco VX-11d 3-Chip DLP Projector

http://www.runco.com/home-theater-products/runco-videoxtreme-vx-11d-projectors

Trust me pal there is no rainbow effect period with the VX-11d.
(No color-wheel)

The picture with a Blu-ray is Super Bright & extremely clear.

All the speakers except the 4-Mirage BPS 400 series are JM Lab Utopia Mezzo's.

Terry

Cool! I had no idea they made DLP's without color wheels. :iranmaybe:

Impressive, unique and unlike single-chip DLP™ implementations, no color wheel is used in the VX-11d. Instead, it harnesses the power of three advanced 16:9 DMD's™ and12-degree mirror tilt for unsurpassed black level performance. The impressive brightnessis further bolstered by the improved contrast capabilities of the stylish VX-11d. Thisreduces mechanical complexity and compromises to color spectrum purity.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool! I had no idea they made DLP's without color wheels. :iranmaybe:

Impressive, unique and unlike single-chip DLP™ implementations, no color wheel is used in the VX-11d. Instead, it harnesses the power of three advanced 16:9 DMD's™ and12-degree mirror tilt for unsurpassed black level performance. The impressive brightnessis further bolstered by the improved contrast capabilities of the stylish VX-11d. Thisreduces mechanical complexity and compromises to color spectrum purity.

You have to get to the 3-Chip models and them being Runco they are expensive for a normal person IMO.

Sometimes not often you do get what you pay for.

Say, I have a poor excuse of a memory anymore but have a question for you.
Do we both post over on Modded Mustangs ???
If so I think you ask me a question on my Comp Cams some time back.
If I'm talking to the right person I have that answer now as Brent and I talked on the phone yesterday for awhile.
I remembered to specifically ask him that question.
I will be posting new pics of mine as it sits currently and a video he just did today.
Nothing special but things I have not yet seen pics wise much less a video.

T.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back