Spring removal and installation guide?

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Awsome thanks!! I honestly searched but could only find guides for New Edge and older cars but didnt want to trust those incase there was something was different

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
Did you forget where you are posting that blaspemy? No tacobillshit allowed here, Bub.[/quote]

didnt know that but thanks for future reference

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it's just a joke

you know the big thing around here is to remind everyone that it's not TMS or TMF or whatever...that's all

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

sorry, btw, i just removed my front springs last week when i installed a set of d-specs. easily accomplished without a coil spring compressor also.

jack up the front, support the car so the a arms hand down loose, support the a arm with a jack, remove the center nut off the top of the strut, let the jack down, remove the spindle bolts and viola, out comes the spring.

i didn't remove the rears, but for sure you'll have to unbolt the shocks in the back (also support the body so the rear end hangs free). you need to have a jack under the rear end as you remove the lower shock bolts to let the rear end hang down. my springs looked on the rear like they need a little more room to come out (wasn't changing them, just the shocks) perhaps you might have to take the upper control arm loose from the top of the rear end to get the little extra.

if all else fails, check with tacobill:chairfall:

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Im going to follow the link from the Magazine and a link for how to install camber plates because it explains how to get the front shocks off and adjusted

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I used that person's (name who we will not mention here) write up and it was pretty damn good. I had ZERO experience with any kind of suspension work and got it done in a weekend.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Ive got my springs coming in but the question should I still install them without any camber adjustment parts or new shocks? They are Eibach Sportlines

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have the pro kit...i used adjustable camber bolts to get mine to -.3 on one side and -.4 on the other. sport lines sit a little lower i think, so they may not be adequate to get your camber to whatever your desired number is.

i would go ahead if i were you and at least install the camber bolts (they're inexpensive). if you can get the alignment good enough without camber plates then you'll save some money. if not then you may wind up paying for 2 alignments if you have to go back and install cc plates also.

i ran mine for 2.5 years with the stock shocks. only recently did i install the d specs because i want better drag strip launch ability. also an added benefit is it really does ride better around town.

if you can afford to do upgraded springs and shocks now it would save some time working on the car if you can do it all in one shot.

also, i used the ingalls bolts and there wasn't enough adjustment in them...we went to ac/delco bolts which were able to get the camber closer to zero....which is what i wanted because i can't rotate the tires

i have a thread somewhere about it, try searching ac/delco camber bolts

here, found it:
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13316&highlight=ac%2Fdelco

Last edited:

Reaction score
Or you could just do like me and get an air ratchet, go balls to the wall and aim it at the neighbor's cat and hope you hit the little bastard once the spring/strut mount goes flying off. Only get two chances though, providing he is stupid enough to come back once you get the second one dropped out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back