Steeda strut mount question

bigmd

forum member
Reaction score
Any of you guys who have installed these please please post. Did this cure your front end noise as far as the clunking goes? I have them ready to install.

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score
I have the strange 10 way adjustable struts up front...horrible noise coming from them. Sorry I cant speak of the steedas.

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
Put them in at the same time as the Tokico D-Specs and Steeda Ultra-Lite Springs. Never had any unusual noises in the front suspension. Good quality parts.

RedRide

forum member
Reaction score
I've never had any noise or other troubles from them, installed them from the get-go the first time I messed with my suspension. They've been quiet since 2008.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I never had clunking issues on my 2010 GT.... but the oem GT strut mounts don't allow for any camber adjustment..which drove me nuts. The steeda strut mounts are built like a tank, and allow +/- 1 deg of camber adjustment. ( that's +/- 1 deg of whatever you have to begin with). Mine was -1.1 deg on the pass side..and -1.4 deg on the driver's side. Once the steeda mounts were installed..they are now both set to -1.0 deg........ which is a good compromise between handling and tire wear for a typ street car ( esp with a staggered setup..where you can't rotate). The oem GT strut mounts and also the GT-500 mounts...are both one time use only devices. The latest version GT-500 is the C version..which clunks worse than their previous versions.

I wish I had installed the steeda mounts at the same time the Roush suspension was installed..... instead of having to do it all again..pita.

bigmd

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Pentalab I have the GT 500s too and they are bad. Sometimes it sounds like my frontend is gonna shake itself loose.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've not used them, but they are on my list of things to get. The GT500's are driving me crazy.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Steeda HD mounts on my GT and now on the GT500. No clunking noises from the front end whatsoever. Highly recommend them.

bigmd

forum member
Reaction score
Well thisnisnall very reassuring . Thanks can't wait to have this noise gone.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Steeda mounts did nothing for my front end noise, possibly made it worse.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Then you have something else going on. Either you have a bad strut or your install was flubbed. I have the steeda HD mounts and it cured the clunk, creaking and otherwise annoying sounds that were coming from my front end.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, different struts are probably in the plans. Next year at this point.

Back